Author Topic: New North Carolina Longrifle Books  (Read 1746 times)

Offline mbriggs

• member 2
New North Carolina Longrifle Books
« on: April 25, 2016, 07:21:33 PM »
I have just released pre-published copies of my new books "The Longrifle Makers of the Rowan School and the Longrifle Makers of the Mecklenburg School."

The Rowan book contains 12 pages of text containing a detailed history of the 29 known gunsmiths that worked in Rowan and Cabarrus Counties. The book includes 72 pages of detailed color photos of all of the Rowan School rifles I have been able to locate.  The book also includes 40 pages of documentation I have been able to find on this school and copies of all past articles on Rowan gun smiths.  The book is currently 147 pages in total, I expect to add a few pages and index in the coming month.  The book is spiral bound, has color front and rear covers that are protected with mylar.   The price is $40, plus $4 postage if mailed.

The Mecklenburg book contains 14 pages of text containing a detailed history of the 19 known gunsmiths that worked in Mecklenburg, Gaston, and Lincoln Counties.  The book contains 72 pages of detailed color photos of all 19 known Mecklenburg School rifles including many never previously published.  The book also contains 69 pages of documentation and articles on this school.  The book contains 170 total pages and is finished except the index which I hope to add over the next month.  The book is spiral bound, has color front and rear covers that are protected with mylar.  The price is $40, plus $4 postage if mailed.

My books may be ordered by mailing a check to Michael Briggs - 103 Battle Road - Greensboro, N.C.  27410.

Thanks,

Michael
C. Michael Briggs