Author Topic: Bonewitz,Reedy,Fichthorn Jr.  (Read 2724 times)

Offline jdm

• member 2
Bonewitz,Reedy,Fichthorn Jr.
« on: May 12, 2016, 02:46:12 AM »
Great research on these master gunsmiths done by Henry Bishop ( HIB) in the new K.R.A. bulletin.
It shows the relationship between master  ( Bonewitz ) and apprentice  ( Reedy & Fichthorn ).The color pictures are great!
Henry,
Thanks for publishing that information . I'm sure it took years of research. You have a good eye for detail .Pointing out the Bonewitz characteristics , some very small, passed on to his apprentice's  gives the longrifle student help in his study. I will look foreword to the next two parts.
JIM
JIM

Offline WElliott

• member 2
Re: Bonewitz,Reedy,Fichthorn Jr.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 04:49:56 AM »
Henry's article is excellent from every perspective. He has a well-developed eye for signature characteristics and is the expert on this school. The photos and layout complement the text beautifully. Well done, Henry'.
Wayne Elliott

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 04:54:15 AM »
Yes much appreciated. Enjoyed the read
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline JTR

• member 2
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 06:19:24 PM »
I agree. Outstanding in every way, Henry!

And probably the best bulletin ever!

John
John Robbins

Offline Buck

• A.F.A.M. # 934, Trinity Commandry #80
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 02:07:33 AM »
I agree also, thank you Henry.
Buck

Offline VP

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 03:22:22 AM »
I always enjoy Henry's articles and his ability to make a point using his skillful photography. He is an great mentor and has given me lots of tips in conducting historical research. A job well done, again. Keep the articles coming.

VP