Author Topic: Early club butt fowlers  (Read 4664 times)

Offline Dave B

Early club butt fowlers
« on: May 15, 2016, 07:01:04 AM »
With Coryjoe showing off his club butt project it was surprising to find my self Last week walking into a Gun shop in Post falls Idaho and found on the first rack I came to an early pair of club butt fowlers. One was a trade gun (56"barrel) the other much nicer with silver hallmarked side plate and trigger guard, brass butt plate and ramrod pipes. Barrel was just over  50" long. 13.5" trigger pull, the butt was 1 15/16" wide at the BP and at the area just before the wrist, (the part that looks like a fishes mouth) the lock was 6.5" long. The comb was 8 1/4" long to the end of the butt plate. from the tip of the comb to the breach of the barrel was 5.5"

Note: Image code added to last 5 picture addresses by moderator.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 07:57:39 PM by Dave B »
Dave Blaisdell

Offline Tom Currie

Re: Early club butt fowlers
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 03:17:41 PM »
Dave thanks for posting. Cool pics.

Offline PPatch

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 03:34:24 PM »
Beautiful guns, thanks Dave.

dave
Dave Parks   /   Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline oldtravler61

• We all make mistakes.
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 05:14:55 PM »
Dave that's one cool gun shop. There is NOTHING like that here in Michigan. Thanks for showing.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 10:20:38 PM »
Happy to share the wealth. It is amazing what one finds from time to time. The trade gun was sold be for he even finished unpacking from his buying trip from what it sounded like. lots of these go into collections and wont be seen till its estate sale time. I don't think they will probability ever get all my finger prints off them.  Oh yes by the way my measurement of the bore was 17mm on the silver mounted piece. I didnt get round to measuring the trade gun.
Dave Blaisdell

Offline lexington1

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 02:46:14 AM »
Hey, where is the gun shop located? I only live about 80 miles from there and didn't know there was anything like that around here. Do they have much muzzle loader stuff?

Offline Dave B

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 09:08:26 AM »
let me tell you its a pretty cool place. Just do a google search for antique gun shoppe and post falls ID and bam. you have the place on google maps. He is just south of I-90 on 2658 E Ponderosa Blvd.
Loads of muskets, some Kentuckies, winchesters, colts, cannons, war clubs and arrow heads. He also has lots of militaria from WW II.  Its like a museum where you get to handle the exhibits. Well most of them He has several collections behind glass not forsale. Glen is a great guy. I would plan to spend about 3 -4 hrs looking..... well if your like me any way.
Dave Blaisdell

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2016, 03:40:14 PM »
Cool beans man.
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

oakridge

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2016, 09:04:40 PM »
Wow! Nice shop. Just looked at their website. I'd stop by there, if it weren't 2,000 miles away.

Offline lexington1

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2016, 03:42:47 AM »
Hey thanks! I'm going over there at my next opportunity.  ;D