Author Topic: W. Large Pistol Barrels.  (Read 2586 times)

Offline alyce-james

W. Large Pistol Barrels.
« on: May 27, 2016, 03:30:36 AM »
The information I want to share with you here was gleaned from page one (1) " Operation Instruction Manual" for a muzzle loading pistol manufactured in, San Antonio Texas in 1971.

The barrel was manufactured by W. Large of Irontown, Ohio and selected on the basis of its outstanding accuracy. The barrel twist is a radical departure from what has been believed to be the best for round ball (1X22) twist, and was arrived at by exhaustive testing under actual shooting conditions. Barrel, 9 1/2 inches, .012, Hopp's #9, lubricated pre-cut patches with a .440 round ball.

In 1974, Iowa State Muzzle loading Shoot, I saw one (1) each of the models offered by 10-Ring. A) Flintlock,  B) Percussion. In 1977, Friendship, IN., I saw each of the models offered by 10-Ring. A) Flintlock B)Percussion.

Sorry I took so long (Irish in me) to share the barrel rifling information, radius as known in W. Large barrels.

August of 1981"UNITED STATES INTERNATIONAL MUZZLE LOADING TEAM" donated a percussion modal, serial number 299 marked "USIMLT" at Friendship for a donation of $1.00 manufactured by "Ten Ring Precision, Inc." San Antonio Texas. I wonder where that pistol is today ?? Thanks for looking. AJ. 

"Candy is Dandy but Liquor is Quicker". by Poet Ogden Nash 1931.

Online Bob Roller

Re: W. Large Pistol Barrels.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 02:53:26 PM »
The information I want to share with you here was gleaned from page one (1) " Operation Instruction Manual" for a muzzle loading pistol manufactured in, San Antonio Texas in 1971.

The barrel was manufactured by W. Large of Irontown, Ohio and selected on the basis of its outstanding accuracy. The barrel twist is a radical departure from what has been believed to be the best for round ball (1X22) twist, and was arrived at by exhaustive testing under actual shooting conditions. Barrel, 9 1/2 inches, .012, Hopp's #9, lubricated pre-cut patches with a .440 round ball.

In 1974, Iowa State Muzzle loading Shoot, I saw one (1) each of the models offered by 10-Ring. A) Flintlock,  B) Percussion. In 1977, Friendship, IN., I saw each of the models offered by 10-Ring. A) Flintlock B)Percussion.

Sorry I took so long (Irish in me) to share the barrel rifling information, radius as known in W. Large barrels.

August of 1981"UNITED STATES INTERNATIONAL MUZZLE LOADING TEAM" donated a percussion modal, serial number 299 marked "USIMLT" at Friendship for a donation of $1.00 manufactured by "Ten Ring Precision, Inc." San Antonio Texas. I wonder where that pistol is today ?? Thanks for looking. AJ.  

Modern firearm content removed. Dennis
See ALR rule # 1 (see this page http://americanlongrifles.org/american-longrifles-privacy-policy-2.htm?action=recent )

Bob Roller
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 09:11:44 PM by Dennis Glazener »