Author Topic: Current project by PPatch - Plains Rifle  (Read 2210 times)

Offline PPatch

Current project by PPatch - Plains Rifle
« on: May 19, 2016, 07:46:10 PM »
The post below was originally part of Davebozell's  "Show us your current project" thread.  The moderators have split the many projects in the original thread out into individual threads so the members can more easily ask questions and the builders can more easily answer.

I'm about mid-way inletting the barrel for a Plains rifle.

I am chiefly using Taylor's fine tutorial and a set of drawings I made as my guide.

http://americanlongrifles.org/forum/index.php?topic=37886.0

I have the metal parts mostly finished, including the under rib rivets...

It has been a fun project so far, all going well except due to life's little interruptions lately I have not been able to put a lot of shop time in.

There are some very nice builds going on by the looks of things, nice thread.

dave

« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 08:57:48 PM by Ky-Flinter »
Dave Parks   /   Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline Curtis

• Missouri
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 08:11:56 PM »
Nice looking set of plans there, Patch!  I used to do some drafting back in the day, makes me appreciate your drawing even more!

Curtis
Curtis Allinson
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sometimes, late at night when I am alone in the inner sanctum of my workshop and no one else can see, I sand things using only my fingers for backing

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 10:05:23 PM »
I agree Curtis:  that is a fine set of drawings.  That will go a long way to 'keeping your colours inside the lines'.

I always have a kind of down time after I finish a build...have to recharge my batteries sort of thing.  Sometimes all it takes is paging through a good reference book to get the juices flowing again.  But recently, I've been repairing/tuning single action cowboy revolvers.  I think my next one is going to be a new set of stocks for an '86 Browning/Winchester.
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.