Author Topic: Current project by Jerrywh - Double barrel Russian pistol  (Read 2146 times)

Offline jerrywh

• Jerrywh-gunmaker- Master  Engraver FEGA.
Current project by Jerrywh - Double barrel Russian pistol
« on: May 20, 2016, 04:22:04 AM »
The post below was originally part of Davebozell's  "Show us your current project" thread.  The moderators have split the many projects in the original thread out into individual threads so the members can more easily ask questions and the builders can more easily answer.

This is going to be a double barrel Russian pistol. I almost have all the metal part done. I have some work to do on the spurred but cap. This gun will be very elaborately engraved and damascened. It will take me about a year to do the stock and engrave it. I plan to make a case and accessories for it. 41caliber. Brazed barrels and ribs. This will allow me to heat blue the barrels after they are engraved.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 09:02:42 PM by Ky-Flinter »
Nobody is always correct, Not even me.

Offline Rolf

• There's more than one way to skin a cat.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 08:10:41 AM »
This is going to be a double barrel Russian pistol. I almost have all the metal part done. I have some work to do on the spurred but cap. This gun will be very elaborately engraved and damascened. It will take me about a year to do the stock and engrave it. I plan to make a case and accessories for it. 41caliber. Brazed barrels and ribs. This will allow me to heat blue the barrels after they are engraved.

Fanastic project!! I hope you will show us more pictures as the the pistol progresses. How did you make the spurred but cap?

Best regards
ROlf

Offline Curtis

• Missouri
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 08:21:35 AM »

Very cool project, Jerry.  I have a double barrel pistol that has been on the back burner for months and months - too many other projects.  Can't wait to resurrect it.

Curtis
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 09:08:41 PM by Ky-Flinter »
Curtis Allinson
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sometimes, late at night when I am alone in the inner sanctum of my workshop and no one else can see, I sand things using only my fingers for backing

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 02:50:06 PM »

Elegant pair of locks to say the least and the most unusual top jaw screws I've ever seen.

Bob Roller
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 09:08:29 PM by Ky-Flinter »