Author Topic: CL Foundation 2016 Auction  (Read 15275 times)

Offline heinz

CL Foundation 2016 Auction
« on: July 02, 2016, 01:38:41 AM »
The 2016 Contemporary Longrifle Foundation Auction pages are up on the CLA website.  If you go to the CLA site, longrifle.com, and click on the CL Foundation button you will go to the CLF page and the 2016 Auction link is there.  There are 29 items in the auction this year and about 10 are already posted. The early Dickert inspired longrifle by Nate Koval is up and well worth the trip there.
I encourage all to have a look. There will be new items posted every couple of days
Heinz
kind regards, heinz

Offline heinz

Re: CL Foundation 2016 Auction
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 03:49:24 PM »
The Daniel Casey and House Brothers pistol is now up on the CL Foundation Auction site.  This is a great pistol and the same one featured on Daniel's Iron and Fire series on the History Channel.  Currently there are 10 of the 29 auction items posted on the site

http://www.contemporarylongriflefoundation.org/fundraising/2016//
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 04:05:56 PM by Dennis Glazener »
kind regards, heinz

Offline heinz

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 11:29:40 PM »
More items have been added to the CL Foudation 2016 website; the link is in the email below. We now have 16 items out of 29 posted. Jim Parker's Buttstock sculpture is an extraordinary artwork showing what contemporary gunsmiths can do when they turn their hands to sculpture. There is also a Darrel Lang shot bag that is a fine item and a Neal and Ashley Genrich Windsor chair that, if you take it home, will likely never make it to your man cave.
Just click on the link in the email below and go to the check out each artists showcase of art link.
(Why would spell check think "showcase of art" should be "shoe ass cart"???)
Heinz
kind regards, heinz

Offline oldtravler61

• We all make mistakes.
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 04:40:08 AM »
Heinz welcome to my world. But the items are awesome. Can't wait to get to the show.

Offline heinz

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 01:03:38 AM »
If you cannot access the Larry Pletcher facebook link, a direct link to the auction site is on the second post below. The next batch that goes up I will repost the link. Cannot do right now from my cell phone
kind regards, heinz

Offline Molly

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 03:17:26 AM »
Put that Mike Davis rifle on with the details, please.

Offline heinz

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 08:01:29 PM »
The Mike Davis and Gary Tingler bag rifle is now up along with the Paul Bigham tomahawk.

You are welcome Molly.  The Davis Rifle is one with a full set of Ric Lambert photos
Go to  the link below and click on the TO SEE EACH ARTISTS SHOWCASE OF ART

« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 08:04:05 PM by heinz »
kind regards, heinz

Offline Molly

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2016, 06:12:57 AM »
What can you say about that rifle!  Really nice.  I mean REALLY REALLY NICE.

The patch box sure has a Sheets "Virginia" flair about it although I have never seen one in iron and certainly not one with silver AND iron but it is deadly beautiful.  A gun fitting for a lady for sure!  But some crusty old dude smelling like bore butter will probably get it.  Thanks again for putting the info up.  I was wondering about the barrel and cal.

So all I can do is drool! 

Offline Mick C

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2016, 07:56:27 PM »
An amazing complement of items.  I so wish I could attend the show this year but it looks like it is not going to happen.  All the best for the auction and the show.....Mick C
My profile picture is my beloved K9 best friend and soulmate, Buster Brown, who passed away in 2018.  I miss you buddy!

Offline heinz

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2016, 02:44:54 AM »
You can always do an absentee bid. You do not have to be a member to put in an absentee bid. It works a little like ebay, you bid goes in as your max  You may get it for less.

kind regards, heinz

Offline heinz

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2016, 03:14:48 PM »
Two more items are up. A Michael Buss trunk, leather covered and lined with hand printed paper and a really nice rev war style powder horn by Lee Cooper. The horn commemorates Pvt Cleavland who was killed at Ft Laurens.
Coop is not a computer guy so if you know him you could tell him it is up

http://contemporarylongriflefoundation.org/fundraising/2016//
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 03:18:04 PM by heinz »
kind regards, heinz

Offline heinz

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2016, 06:22:20 PM »
We have added the Bill Smith Scout Bag to the auction showcase.  This one is a sleeper and I apologize for the poor photographs.  Bill donates a bag to us every year.  They are alway a special with little deviations from his excellent standard bags.  This is a handy smaller size with a hemp front panel on the pouch.  You are invited to take a look.  We have about 8 left to post

kind regards, heinz

Offline heinz

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2016, 03:21:38 PM »
The link from the 2016 Auction webpage is temporarily broken. I will post when it is fixed.
Durn Gremlins
kind regards, heinz

Offline heinz

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2016, 05:26:03 PM »
The artists showcase is back up. We should have more postings soon

kind regards, heinz

Offline Don Steele

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2016, 01:34:46 PM »
I'm especially pleased to see Mike Davis' work in the CLA auction. I asked him to build me a good, solid "working rifle" and he really came through. This is the 40 caliber, Left-handed SMR he built for me last year. I probably average 75 rds. a week, week-in-week-out so she gets a lot of use. This isn't a "wall hanger". Several thousand rounds already, in the (almost) year that I've had her. 
A beauty, and she shoots like a laser..!! I only wish I could shoot well enough to really take advantage of what she can do.

Look at the world with a smilin' eye and laugh at the devil as his train rolls by...(Alison Krauss)

Offline oldtravler61

• We all make mistakes.
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2016, 06:58:33 PM »
Nice looking rifle Don. My kind of gun. No frills just one dependable rife.

Offline heinz

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2016, 09:06:10 PM »
Two more items are up on the CL Foundation auction page.  A fine cased American style pistol by Tom Greco and a 17" American Hanger small sword by Ian Pratt and Joe Seabolt with a sheath by Maryellen Pratt.

Go to the link below and sick on the Artist Showcase link
kind regards, heinz

Offline heinz

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2016, 04:51:22 PM »
Tim Crosby and Tim Albert donated a really nice blowing horn to the 2016 Auction.  In addition to the auction link belowTim Albert has a UTube video posted at
The UTube video shows the details nicely.  

Go to the link below and click on the Artist Showcase link
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 05:18:23 AM by T.C.Albert »
kind regards, heinz

Offline heinz

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2016, 01:03:07 AM »
Djuanna Tucker and Kyle Willyard teamed up to produce a longknife with a quilled sheath. Perfectly authentic, contemporary versions are not often seen.  This is a knife and sheath to be proud of.  Take a look at it on the CL Foundation auction site. Click on the Artist Showcase link on the web page below

kind regards, heinz

Offline heinz

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2016, 05:24:02 PM »
The CL Foundation auction page has all but one of the items that will be in the 2016 Auction.  The one missing will probably be unveiled at the Auction.
The Artis Showcase link on the Auction fundraising website below is well worth a look.  All 28 items are extraordinary.  here is a short list of some that are well worth looking at for inspiration even if you are not going to the Auction or posting an absentee bid
Nate Koval's interpretation of the pre revolutionary Dickert Fluer de Lis rifle.  A wonderful piece with as fine a curly maple stock as you have seen and with equally great Ric Lambert photography.  In color, a better display than in vol 1 of Colonial rifles of America. The Missouri Boys Of One Heart hunting set.  One of the most successful collaborative projects we have ever had at auction.  Each single item relates to the others. And two Tansel style horn! The Albert-Crosby Tansel blowing horn should start a trend in blowing horns, a fine item for use and display.  There is a fine selection of Woodbury inspired firearms, the Casey House Brothers Bear Pistol, The Mike Davis  Simon-Young-Wilson-Lexington-House inspired squirrel rifle, the Tom greco cased pistol.  The Woodbury-Southwest Ohio nexus is there in the Pratt-Pratt_Seabolt American Hanger and the Seabolt-Ahlers long knife (my personal favorite Auction piece :))  Lots and lots of artwork to give you some ideas. In the pure art items The Andrew Knez I see it too original oil painting is wonderful. The Jim Parker buttstock sculpture is new, unique and awesome.  The Heinz Ahlers traditional direct lost wax casting The Basket Weaver is interesting and traditional.  A full range of horns and bags are pictured, if you are not bidding they  may gove you and idea for you next project.  The Quilled knife and sheath combinations are inspiring if you do that work or if you are in the market.  A French style tomahawk by Paul Bigham is worth a look along with trunks, boxes, scrimshawed horns and cabinets and chairs.  This years Artist Showcase is a great catalogue.  Have a look, even if you are not bidding.  You may find something you want to copy, a maker you want to talk too about and order, or even ask a question about a technique. 

kind regards, heinz

Offline heinz

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2016, 06:37:47 PM »
WE would be happy to hear feedback on the Auction page.  Thinks you like, thinks you don't Things you want to see or want to see more of.  WE try to improve each year.

Thanks for your support, heinz

kind regards, heinz

Offline Molly

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2016, 07:40:03 PM »
My only comment is to get the stuff out and exposed sooner.  I understand many things may not be to a point where photos are available much earlier but at least one magazine (Muzzle Loader) had several pages on the items before anything was showing up on the CLA website.  This is like Christmas for big boys and girls and the anticipation is high.

Offline heinz

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2016, 11:36:05 PM »
Noted Molly. Will try to start earlier next year
kind regards, heinz

Offline Molly

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2016, 12:15:53 AM »
Heinz:

I trust you did not take offense at my comment.  It certainly was not offered in that way.  Given your personal contributions to the auction AND posting all the goodies it's unfair for anyone to be critical, least alone ME.  I left last year pumped for 2016....I mean the day after and on the way home I'm thinking about the return trip.  A couple of things contributed to that which I'll share AFTER this event.  I'm concerned this may be the last time I can go for a couple of reasons.  Don't want to think about that now but I'm certain many others look to this event with the same level of excitement as I.

Thank you for your efforts.

MAS

Offline heinz

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2016, 10:06:36 PM »
No offense.  It was constructive. Thanks
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 11:28:41 PM by Ky-Flinter »
kind regards, heinz