Author Topic: CLA Show Question  (Read 12872 times)

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
Re: CLA Show Question
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2016, 11:26:38 PM »
How about parts?  The registration form talks of Contempory tables and Antique tables, but I've seen photos of past shows with the big named vendors (Chambers, Dunlap, Log Cabin, etc) who go as well.

When you go up to the registration desk the room to the right will have mostly antique guns/displays etc. Most are for sale but many are for display only. To the left of the registration desk you will go into a fairly large room that will have mostly Contemporary items rifles, pistols and assorted accouterments. Most are for sale but some are to display the artisan's work that often is done on commission available whenever his work load/schedule permits. In the back of that rooms is too doors into a larger room. Most of the larger vendors i.e barrels/locks/triggers/hardware and other assorted items are in this room. You should be able to find just about any part, accouterments, period clothing, hand tools etc that you need to build a rifle with. Or find one ready to go in exchange for a stack of worn out US dollars ;)

You will also see many books, paintings, clothing etc for sale at reasonable prices (remember most of these things are hand made).

Man I hate not being able to attend this year.
Dennis
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 11:29:26 PM by Dennis Glazener »
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline James Rogers

• James Rogers
    • Fowling Piece
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2016, 12:12:28 AM »
Larry just told me the shot didn't  do the trick. Will miss you fellers!

AFChief

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2016, 12:26:41 AM »
How about parts?  The registration form talks of Contempory tables and Antique tables, but I've seen photos of past shows with the big named vendors (Chambers, Dunlap, Log Cabin, etc) who go as well.

When you go up to the registration desk the room to the right will have mostly antique guns/displays etc. Most are for sale but many are for display only. To the left of the registration desk you will go into a fairly large room that will have mostly Contemporary items rifles, pistols and assorted accouterments. Most are for sale but some are to display the artisan's work that often is done on commission available whenever his work load/schedule permits. In the back of that rooms is too doors into a larger room. Most of the larger vendors i.e barrels/locks/triggers/hardware and other assorted items are in this room. You should be able to find just about any part, accouterments, period clothing, hand tools etc that you need to build a rifle with. Or find one ready to go in exchange for a stack of worn out US dollars ;)

You will also see many books, paintings, clothing etc for sale at reasonable prices (remember most of these things are hand made).

Man I hate not being able to attend this year.
Dennis

Excellent.  Thank you.  Sorry you won't be there.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 12:27:48 AM by AFChief »

Offline SR James

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2016, 02:52:03 AM »
Many thanks to all the people who provided information in response to my question and those of others who posted.  We are leaving at 0:dark-thirty tomorrow heading to Lexington.  Hope to meet some of you at the show. Safe trip to everyone.

Offline Don Adams

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2016, 04:00:30 AM »
I am actually going to go tomorrow!! I thought I couldn't get off work, but was able to get my work done today for tomorrow.  Hope to meet you all. I will have the wife along to make sure I don't go hog crazy. 

Offline Don Adams

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2016, 02:21:49 PM »
Wow, what a show!  Seen some really nice rifles, pistols and accouterments.  Met some really nice people too!  Met Mike Davis in person and Gary Tingler and his wife.  I have a rifle and smoothbore made by Mike Davis and a bag made by Gary. Mike and Gary donated a bag and rifle for the CLA auction. Wow, was that thing gorgeous!  It brought 4,500 dollars. 
Met Jim Kibler and seen his kit guns - man those are really nice.  I also met Hershel House. Very nice gentleman.  I also met the Wagner's from South Dakota and they are very nice people as well. I also spoke with Mike Lea the gunsmith from Columbus Ohio. Very knowledgeable man and very easy to talk to. He was set up there and seemed to be pretty busy with customers. Saw quite a few of the maker's mentioned here on ALR set up with their fine rifles and pistols. Rice barrels, Burton barrels and Dunlaps stocks.

I know the wife and I were dead tired when we got home.  It was about a 2 1/2 hour drive down - almost 3 1/2 coming back due to two bad accidents on 75 north in Kentucky and 75 southbound in Ohio with the rubber neckers on the north bound lane.