Author Topic: Dennis Mulford rifle  (Read 6432 times)

Offline Joe Schell

Dennis Mulford rifle
« on: July 16, 2016, 06:14:39 AM »
bricestultzhisblog.blogspot.com
Thats a nice looking rifle , Brice.

Offline wattlebuster

Re: Dennis Mulford rifle
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 02:56:23 PM »
Im with Joe on this one. Fine looking flinter
Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a cold frosty morning

Offline Bill Ladd

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 03:50:20 PM »

Offline sqrldog

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 04:50:40 PM »
When you consider the rifle was made in 1985 it is a really nice rifle in great condition. Dennis Mulford is an early builder with a heap of talent. Now all it needs is to go hog hunting and get some mud and DEET on it. When we going Brice. Tim Cosby

Offline wattlebuster

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 06:30:11 PM »
I have not seen anything by Dennis Mulford in a long time. Is he still building?
Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a cold frosty morning

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2016, 09:10:09 PM »
That really is  a blast from the past! And, easily compares to the stuff that's being built today. Best yet, this is an Iowa made gun. ;D
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

sloe bear

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2016, 11:53:25 PM »
could this possibly be the Dennis Mulford that lived in Utah back in the 1970's? he was making some great rifles back then wish I could have gotten one of them . It would be great to find out where he ended up. truly a blast from the past

Offline sqrldog

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 06:24:25 PM »
Actually got to hold the rifle and go over it in detail this morning. Looks much better than the pics if that is possible. It is a nice rifle that Mr. Mulford built. Couldn't talk Brice into taking it hog hunting. 😊

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2016, 06:54:50 PM »
There is a 71 year old Dennis Mulford living in Anamosa Iowa.  Nice rifle.  nice blog too,  added to my check in places
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 07:05:48 PM by Shreckmeister »
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

sloe bear

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2016, 10:06:07 PM »
71 years old would be correct does anyone know how to contact him? if this is indeed the Dennis I knew we had some good times at Rendezvous back in the day.

Offline sqrldog

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2016, 10:26:23 PM »
The CLA Artisans list also shows Dennis Mulford as living in Anamosa Iowa but does not give a contact number or email address.  Tim

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2016, 11:43:32 PM »
(319) 462-4890  Superpages listing
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline Top Jaw

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2016, 02:33:00 AM »
Agree with others comments.  On the surface I would say great rifle.  If you told me 1985, then I would say exceptional rifle!  He was one of those doing work several years ahead of the curve at the time.