Author Topic: 1962 Shreckengost Collection  (Read 3144 times)

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
1962 Shreckengost Collection
« on: July 19, 2016, 05:03:31 PM »
My buddy Waldmaus stumbled on this 1962 photo of 5 Shreckengost rifles.  Oddly the photo was taken locally and I
have not seen any of these rifles before.  These 5 get me close to seeing or having knowledge of over 70 Shreckengost
rifles.  The bottom fullstock swivel has a rare oval inlay in the cheek.  I'd love to locate these and examine them more closely.
Also interesting that someone 50 years ago was collecting them.  The butt inlay on the 4th one down is unique.  I had thought
that the template was for a patchbox finial, wrong again.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 05:05:09 PM by Shreckmeister »
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
Re: 1962 Shreckengost Collection
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 10:18:52 PM »
 Those look great, to bad there aren't other Pix. At least you have another lead.

Tim C.

Offline Shreckmeister

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 10:43:19 PM »
The fourth one down reminds me of this one I located near Pittsburgh.  Note the nose cap work.  I've
not seen anything that nice by another maker.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 10:44:14 PM by Shreckmeister »
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 11:54:13 PM »
 Innovation, that's what makes some of them so unique.

Tim C.

Offline jdm

• member 2
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 03:04:00 AM »
Was that picture from a published  source? It seems like I've seen it some where before. Maybe I'm just dreaming .It sure makes a nice group of rifles.
JIM

Offline Shreckmeister

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2016, 02:43:53 PM »
I don't think it is published but let me know if you find it.