Author Topic: Colonial Williamsburg  (Read 4037 times)

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
Colonial Williamsburg
« on: July 25, 2016, 06:05:22 PM »
Does anyone know if the gunsmith shop is operating this sunday?  I have an opportunity to stop on my way through.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
Re: Colonial Williamsburg
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 06:57:48 PM »
  I think they are only closed on Saturdays. I would think there would be a number you can call.

Tim C.

PS: Just found it (888) 965-7254. TC
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 06:59:25 PM by Tim Crosby »

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 08:09:32 PM »
Thanks Tim.  Much appreciated.
They are open and working Sunday 31st July with a $41 admission plus parking in case anyone wants to know.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 08:13:39 PM by Shreckmeister »
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline SBachner

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 03:40:39 AM »
Seems to me, based on many visits, not much happens on Sundays.

Offline E.vonAschwege

• Global Moderator
    • von Aschwege Flintlocks
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 05:00:24 AM »
Hey Folks - The CW Gunsmith is open Sunday through Friday, 9-5.  Sundays are usually pretty slow for visitors, so it's actually a great time to visit the historic sites and the trade shops that are open.  Not sure if I'll have the forge going or not, but I'll be in the shop all day. 

Parking shouldn't cost anything - there's a large lot at the visitors center and a regular bus that stops at various points around the historic area.  Let me know if you plan to come on by. 
-Eric

Former Gunsmith, Colonial Williamsburg www.vonaschwegeflintlocks.com

Offline GrampaJack

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 03:20:08 AM »
I don't know if they still do it but, here is a secret about the place. If you buy the big honking insulated coffee cup at the welcome center there is a place over in the park where they will fill it with ice cream for free as many times as you want!!!!! Very cool.  Don't tell anyone, I think it's a secret. Jack (Guess now you all know where my priorities are)

Offline Molly

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 02:21:31 PM »
Don't forget to visit the museum at the reconstructed "public hospital".  It has, among hundreds of other things, a very nice collection of period firearms.  And go one level up from the entrance floor as well.  There is a display case with some super originals at the top of the stairs.