Author Topic: Wayne Watson rifle "Last of the Mohicans"  (Read 4281 times)

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
Wayne Watson rifle "Last of the Mohicans"
« on: July 25, 2016, 06:11:20 PM »
I came across a wonderful Wayne Watson rendition of a Frederick Sell.  The backstory was that Wayne built it as one of 4 for the movie. 
There is no documentation of that, but the rifle is fantastic.  Is there any way to confirm or rule out this story?
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline WKevinD

Re: Wayne Watson rifle "Last of the Mohicans"
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 07:24:11 PM »
At the time I remember Fred Miller being vocal about the fact that the prop managers wanted the curl to be at a 45 degree angle toward the muzzle. There were also a number of rubber copies used in the movie.
PEACE is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.  Thomas Jefferson

Offline Shreckmeister

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 08:14:51 PM »
45 degree curl??? So what would the diameter of the tree have to be ;D
I emailed the contact info on Wayne's website.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 08:15:23 PM by Shreckmeister »
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline WKevinD

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 10:43:46 PM »
Thats sorta what Fred was saying...only a little more colorful.
PEACE is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.  Thomas Jefferson

Offline Shreckmeister

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 11:21:00 PM »
Well, I emailed Wayne, what a nice person to reply so quickly as I am sure he has other things to do.  Anyway, the gun was NOT
made for the movie.....as I suspected.  But he offered to tell me what he could when I provide photos.  Nice man.