Author Topic: Let's shoot!  (Read 3413 times)

Offline Squirrel pizza

Let's shoot!
« on: August 13, 2016, 12:30:40 AM »
Hey Ya'll, I'm in Crossville Tn. Joined a really nice club with rifle ranges from 50 to 300 yds. Seems like I'm the only muzzle loader there, until hunting season. Anyone want to shoot with me? You could be my guest or join for $75 a year. Cheap! They also have (mostly) skeet and trap,and pistol ranges. Would love to shoot with like minded folk. So far have only met safety conscience 2nd Amendment working folk. With free BBQ on Fridays! Bring a dish or a date. Or not. Let's shoot. Call my cell, 630-650-0514, or leave a message.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 12:54:23 AM by Squirrel pizza »

Offline WadePatton

• Tennessee
Re: Let's shoot!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 04:24:39 AM »
There has been some talk about getting competition BP shooting going in that area (not far-Putnam Co).  You're 2 hours from me, so no-I'll just shoot on my own place as I can.  BUT FOR SCORING COMPS, I'll drive a little ways.

Roger Sells is a fellow in that direction and maybe you can holler at him in PM or phone and find out if anything I say is true. This talk was from folks I ran into/about at the Alvin York shoot.  I like that sort of shoot, and even a woods walk with true hunting rifles better.

I forgot exactly with whom I spoke, but despite my lack of participation this year in our "postal" matches, I'm all TORE UP to get shoot COMP with other folks-with simple hunting-level, round-ball, BP guns (I don't care how you spark it).  

But personally, I'm not driving 3-4 hours (RT) to work on loads when I can do that out the kitchen window.  And amn't even doing that for other current bizzyness.  Just don't let it be thought that I won't come shoot for prizes-even if they're only gold painted macaroni on construction paper.    8) :P ;D

Cheers!  
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 04:27:36 AM by WadePatton »
Hold to the Wind

Offline Squirrel pizza

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 04:51:14 AM »
Wade I'm not sure what to make of you're response. I was at the Sgt.York match this year, with rifles and accoutrements for sale. Ate my share of beans and bacon(biscuit extra),and had a grand time. If you don't want to shoot with me or shoot at the club that's ok. But why bring others into it? I have no reason to doubt you. It was just a friendly offer. Or at least that's how I meant it.

Offline WadePatton

• Tennessee
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 04:58:28 AM »
I'm sorry I wasn't clear.

I'm really happy to know of more shooters in the area and am excited about the prospect of having some competition.

That's it.

I'm just wanted to be clear that I'm not likely to pack up the buckboard and haul up there just to pop a few panfuls. I hope you find some other BP shooters to come share the range with you. I have a place to shoot.  Mehopes I'm being less obtuse now, stated otherwisely:

Folks should have fun shooting whatever, whenever, and where-ever they can.  I'm all for that.  I'm just a good bit more interested in participating a scored event-as participant.  I realize that many don't care to shoot for score/points/comparison and that's plenty fine and dandy by me.

Capiche?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 05:11:40 AM by WadePatton »
Hold to the Wind

Offline Squirrel pizza

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 05:26:13 AM »
O Mia capice! I believe we met in Pall Mall, but maybe it was just a guy wearing your Stetson. I had the last booth next to the Honey Pots. My house in Crossville burned so I was selling what I salvaged, besides my hound. I don't care what makes it go bang. I don't care if you stuff it with a dowel or paper patch it. I just want to play with people like me, have an adult beverage afterwards by the fire and not talk politics.

Offline WadePatton

• Tennessee
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2016, 03:36:06 PM »
Yes, but one little bit of clarification, the hat is a Clearwater (Hat Company, Arkansas), no Stetson.  It's been modified by time and life, was their "Antietam".

Hold to the Wind

Offline Ky-Flinter

• Global Moderator
  • Born in Kentucke, just 250 years late
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2016, 06:36:08 AM »
Wade,

If you want to see some competition, you and Mike should round up 3 (or more) of your fellow Tennesseans and come to Boonesborough, Ky. on Saturday, Oct. 1 for the 54th annual Fall Interstate Flintlock Team Shoot.  The competition will be fierce.

We also will be having a Blanket Shoot followed by a fish fry on Friday, Sept. 30. at Stoner Creek's place near Paris, Ky.  We will have a good time.  Ya'll come!

-Ron
Ron Winfield

Life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun. -Nate McKenzie