Author Topic: CLA Show Goodies Part 1  (Read 3982 times)

Offline SR James

CLA Show Goodies Part 1
« on: August 25, 2016, 06:05:35 PM »
Ok, Molly, you challenged me to post pics of any rifles I acquired at the CLA show so here goes.  First up is a Woodbury-style southern rifle by Mike McEtheran.  .54 cal., all furniture is hand forged.  The best part is the stock is persimmon.  Having grown up in the Missouri Ozarks, this appealed to me.  But I may have to wait until the first frost to shoot it...don't want my mouth to pucker!

Offline wattlebuster

Re: CLA Show Goodies Part 1
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 11:35:43 PM »
Good looking gun. I like it
Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a cold frosty morning

Offline bones92

• If it was easy, everyone would do it.
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 04:33:23 AM »
Wow. Beautiful.
If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Offline Molly

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 02:28:13 PM »
That is a great looking rifle.  Wish I would have seen it first.  I ran upon an original Bull rifle with an angular patch box.  Somewhat similar but not quite the same.  Will make a fine looking rifle when I scrape up the $$ to have it made.

It does however pain me to know that a persimmon tree was sacrificed to make the stock.  I have the best persimmon cookie recipe you ever tasted.  Green persimmons make excellent fishing bait.  I know, I never would have believed it.  All you do is tie a string around one and when the fish bites their mouth draws up and they cannot spit it out.

Offline Mick C

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 04:50:44 PM »
Persimmon!?  Who'd have thunk it!  It's beautiful.
My profile picture is my beloved K9 best friend and soulmate, Buster Brown, who passed away in 2018.  I miss you buddy!