Author Topic: Bob Browner question.  (Read 4727 times)

Offline Lampro

• Starting Member
Bob Browner question.
« on: September 12, 2016, 08:12:03 AM »
 Anybody have any info about Bob Browner pistols? Such as how they shoot, how common or uncommon they are, is he still making pistols, ect. I have an opportunity to get a sawhandle pistol that was made by him. It's not fancy but it looks very well made. 

Offline Bob Roller

Re: Bob Browner question.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 01:41:51 PM »
Anybody have any info about Bob Browner pistols? Such as how they shoot, how common or uncommon they are, is he still making pistols, ect. I have an opportunity to get a sawhandle pistol that was made by him. It's not fancy but it looks very well made. 

Bob Browner is one of the best makers of authentic repro muzzle loaders working today.
He's a regular at the CLA Show in Lexington. I would say any pistol he made was a top notch
item and finding one for sale would be a rare item.He donated a copy of a Creamer pistol
owned by Andrew Jackson to the CLA Show last year. I made the lock for it on a plate he made
and it could have passed for the original gun.His contact info is <rvmrbrowner@att.net> or
phone #'s 1-314-918-9092(Home) and 1-314-566-0991.He says it's best to use the phone because'neither he or Margie
look at the computer that often.

Bob Roller

4th La.

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 05:51:28 PM »
 Bob and Margie are both kind and very helpful, always a pleasure to talk to.
GREAT PEOPLE !

4TH. LA.

Offline Lampro

• Starting Member
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 08:09:25 AM »
 I was able to work a trade with the seller and ended up getting the pistol. According to the information provided by the seller it is #25 from September of 2010. Thank you for the responses.

Offline Mike_StL

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 07:11:50 PM »
I  know Bob and have handled his work.  He is a meticulous craftsman.  He is a great mentor within the  Gemmer Muzzle Loading Gun Club.  Any firearm  that leaves Bob's work shop will be an excellent sbooter. 

You found a great pistol.

Offline Molly

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 12:14:36 AM »
Would this be the Hawken man??  If so what nice work he does.  Almost want one of those "bench copies".
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 12:15:36 AM by Molly »

Offline Mike_StL

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2016, 01:09:58 AM »
You could call him "The Hawken Man".  The Hawken Plains rifle is his favorite rifle to build.  He built the Creamer pistol for the CLA a couple of years ago.  That was one spectacular piece of work.  For a while he had the original Creamer pistol to use as inspiration. 

Offline Lampro

• Starting Member
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2016, 05:51:19 AM »
Yes, he makes bench copies of Hawken rifles. I was able to speak with him on the phone and he was very nice, very helpful. Answered all my questions even though I didn't buy the pistol directly from him.