Author Topic: Barrel Maker Question ?  (Read 4479 times)

Offline Virginiarifleman

Barrel Maker Question ?
« on: October 03, 2016, 05:07:20 AM »
i just aquired a 54 cal X 40" barrel thats stamped J.W. McKenzie. might this be thr nephew of Bill Large ?

Offline Bob Roller

Re: Barrel Maker Question ?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 02:17:46 PM »
i just aquired a 54 cal X 40" barrel thats stamped J.W. McKenzie. might this be thr nephew of Bill Large ?

Those are "Jim Bill's"initials. James William McKenzie. He was Bill's hope of getting
an heir to the barrel shop but it didn't work out.There is more to this story but I am
stopping here.

Bob Roller

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 02:20:09 PM »

Those are "Jim Bill's"initials. James William McKenzie. He was Bill's hope of getting
an heir to the barrel shop but it didn't work out.There is more to this story but I am
stopping here.

Bob Roller

I should have looked closer. Jim Bill was a grandson,not a nephew.His mother is the 3rd
born daughter of Bill and Shirley Large.

Bob Roller

Offline Virginiarifleman

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 06:52:38 AM »
Thank You Bob, Appreciate your Help.

Offline little joe

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 08:29:45 AM »
Used one of JW bbls after Bill  passed and it was a good bbl. He didn,t make in the bussiness world for some reason. I thought a lot of Bill.

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 06:02:00 PM »
Jim Bill did NOT spend enough time in the shop with Bill to really learn the needed skills.
The barrels he made were made with the tooling Bill made and when they wore out he
couldn't replace them. There were other problems as well but they are best left in the
far gone past.

Bob Roller