Author Topic: HH  (Read 5684 times)

Offline art riser

Offline webradbury

Re: HH
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 07:16:30 PM »
That's cool!

I would love to meet Hershel, he seems very down to earth.
I love the smell of Walnut shavings in the morning!

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 08:01:30 PM »
I guess it depends on how you define down to earth.  When I met him I thought he had a exceptional mind and
highly developed social ability.  Somebody that after you talked to them, you walked away having gained from
the experience.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline webradbury

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 03:01:24 AM »
I mean like "good folk"
I love the smell of Walnut shavings in the morning!

Online oldtravler61

• We all make mistakes.
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 04:45:36 AM »
First time I met Herchel was at last year's CLA show. Was looking at the Woodbury rifle display when he asked me what I thought of his latest rifle! He made me feel like he'd known me for year's. He's just a down to earth type person who builds a heck of a gun.

Offline Nordnecker

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 12:47:06 PM »
I've never met him but his videos really encouraged me. When I was gripped in fear of screwing up my first build, I remembered how he just attacked his workpiece with a file. The whole bench was moving. There was stuff piled up everywhere. Chickens cackling in the background and Hershel would say, "That looks about right." It was very motivating for me.
"I can no longer stand back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify our precious bodily fluids."- Gen Jack T. Ripper

Offline draken

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2016, 11:51:00 AM »
You couldn't meet nicer folk than ANY of the House boys.
Dick 

Times have sure changed. Gun control used to mean keeping the muzzle pointed in a safe direction

Never write a check with your mouth that your butt can't cash!

Offline mossyhorn

• Jerry Dickerson
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2016, 12:50:31 AM »
Yes they are truly home folk, humble, caring, and the kind of people that we all wish to be.
The first time I met them they made me feel like they had always knew me and in every case since.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 06:51:15 PM by mossyhorn »
Jerry Dickerson

maypo59

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2016, 06:33:37 PM »
I have seen the House brothers interviewed on Kentucky Afield a couple times, they do seem like pretty good, down to earth people. I have to admit, having gone to some shows, and meeting some pretty skilled makers, all of them so far have been great people. The very first show I went to in Lawrenceburg Ky, 15 years ago or so, looking at a display of rifles that each and everyone was north of $5K, the builder just handed me one to hold and feel the way it shouldered etc.. I was not only very impressed with the rifle and it's feel, but with his attitude and demeanor.