Author Topic: Gunmaker W.B.C.  (Read 8988 times)

Cedwards0131

Re: Gunmaker W.B.C.
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2016, 01:31:19 AM »

Cedwards0131

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2016, 01:33:51 AM »
Not sure why some of them posted twice. Hopefully these help.

Cedwards0131

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2016, 04:30:03 AM »
Anyone..... Anyone..... Bueller.... Bueller....

Offline JTR

• member 2
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2016, 06:38:04 PM »
I know you're looking and hoping for more information, but sometimes (actually more often than not) there just isn't any more info available. The stamped letters on the barrel and lock are from the same stamp and might be the maker, the original owner, or some owner well after the gun was new, that got a new stamp set for Christmas. The initials have been looked up by several guys here in the maker reference books and I've looked in my library and don't find the initials nor the name you suggested, so without a great stroke of luck, that's it. And actually, that's not unusual. There's probably more guns found with names and initials that are unlisted and unknown, than there are known makers, especially guns from this late period.
As for the crack, gluing it back together won't hurt the value one bit, but if somehow the gun gets broken in two, value will be about nil. If this is your first gun, I'd suggest you just enjoy it for what it is.
John
John Robbins

Cedwards0131

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2016, 08:21:04 PM »
No problem.  That's kinda what I was starting to figure. Just thought I'd give it one last go since one guy had asked for more pictures.  Thanks for the final thoughts.