Author Topic: Simpler and faster than Photobucket  (Read 4179 times)

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
Simpler and faster than Photobucket
« on: October 24, 2016, 04:35:08 PM »
For those of you looking for a fast, simple way to post pictures on this forum and are frustrated with photobucket, I am
recommending postimage.org  It's very quick and simple.essentially 3 steps, go to their website and accept their terms,
upload your photo, copy the "hotlink for forums" script.  10-15 seconds total.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 04:36:23 PM by Shreckmeister »
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline JTR

• member 2
Re: Simpler and faster than Photobucket
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 06:54:24 PM »
Thanks, You're right, its easy!
But I had to use the 'Direct Link' (2nd from the top) for it to work.
John
John Robbins

Offline JCKelly

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 06:58:21 PM »
I second that thanks. Just signed up,
Had been using tinypic.com, really don't know which might be preferred

Use to use Photobucket but some genius IT guy improved it so I can no longer even find the instructions what to do

Offline PPatch

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 09:26:33 PM »
I will throw in one more photograph hosting site alternitive: http://imgur.com

Imgur is a good basic photo hosting site which I have used for almost ten years, there is no advertisement clutter, except for them wanting you to share your pictures with the world, but you are not required to. Their constant call for sharing your photographs, is the only spam.

One good feature of Imgur is being able to chose a picture URL fully formatted for use on ALR. This means you don't need to add the usual [img] style tags when posting to ALR. Another feature is the ability to size your photographs with the click of a mouse. This is helpful when including pix in email.

I am so glad folks have seen the light with Photobucket, it has grown increasingly awful over time and my dislike of the site has grown proportionally.

dave
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 09:26:57 PM by PPatch »
Dave Parks   /   Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline bones92

• If it was easy, everyone would do it.
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 10:59:10 PM »
I use Imgur and it's good, and gives readily-copied links already in BB/Forum format.
If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Offline WadePatton

• Tennessee
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2016, 01:06:35 AM »
I use Imgur and it's good, and gives readily-copied links already in BB/Forum format.

if I have to, I use Imgur as well.

I also use Facebook, since I put a lot of my best pics up there. 
Hold to the Wind

Offline JTR

• member 2
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2016, 03:24:30 AM »
I am so glad folks have seen the light with Photobucket, it has grown increasingly awful over time and my dislike of the site has grown proportionally.
dave

Photobucket used to be quick and easy,,, but then they fixed it,,, and when that fix didn't do enough, they fixed it again..... Now I can't even keep my photos in order and they're all a scrambled up mess.....

John
John Robbins

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2016, 02:14:24 PM »
Photobucket used to be quick and easy,,, but then they fixed it,,, and when that fix didn't do enough, they fixed it again.
The thing that annoys me the most are the constant ads/scripts running coupled with what must be an outdated server that is slow as molasses in the winter!
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson