Author Topic: RIA Auction - Looking for Opinions  (Read 11446 times)

Offline 120RIR

Re: RIA Auction - Looking for Opinions
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2016, 06:08:20 AM »
The new guy (me) did.  I decided to take a chance - either I made a nice score or I got dinged on this one.  Some think it's more or less unmolested but some think (at least one based on actually handling it) that it might be a reconversion.  I'll be sure to post detailed photos when the piece comes in and I'll no doubt be pestering y'all for input and honest/blunt opinions.  If I got dinged I want to learn.  If I scored that's even better of course!   :)

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
Re: RIA Auction - Looking for Opinions
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2016, 03:36:50 PM »
The new guy (me) did.  I decided to take a chance - either I made a nice score or I got dinged on this one.  Some think it's more or less unmolested but some think (at least one based on actually handling it) that it might be a reconversion.  I'll be sure to post detailed photos when the piece comes in and I'll no doubt be pestering y'all for input and honest/blunt opinions.  If I got dinged I want to learn.  If I scored that's even better of course!   :)
I had it in hand, I don't recall anything obvious that would have suggested a reconversion, but I handled alot of guns that day and may not remember clearly.  As far as being "unmolested" I really don't know what to tell you.

It is a pretty cool gun.
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?