Author Topic: Nathan Stephenson Brass Barrel Pistol  (Read 3861 times)

Offline jcmcclure

Nathan Stephenson Brass Barrel Pistol
« on: December 24, 2016, 09:17:19 PM »
My friend Nathan Stephenson built this Brass Barrel Pistol. I will let him chime in with the specifics on the parts, but he did share that it has an American influence 1790's or turn of the century.

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
Re: Nathan Stephenson Brass Barrel Pistol
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 09:48:31 PM »
Neat pistol...I like it!
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

Offline wattlebuster

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 10:18:50 PM »
Cool good looking pistol. ;D
Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a cold frosty morning

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 11:53:20 PM »
I like it too!
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

n stephenson

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2016, 12:16:07 AM »
Thanks for the kind words . This little pistol was built for a friend of 25 years . The significance of the #13 on the piece is the owner wanted that number on it . He feels that it is his "lucky" number. I think the barrel was made by Ken Netting. I used a worn out 1929 Italian .5L silver coin for the thumbpiece. The checkering on the grip came about as part of an attempt to camouflage a snapped grip repair. The pistol was dropped on the wooden shop floor one evening . The grip was snapped clean in two, right under the thumbpiece along the bottom edge. I was lucky that the trigger guard was out of it so, it didn't bend the guard up too. I drilled it and put a brass rod through it plus 2ton epoxy. I`ve been laying off building this for a little while and week before last came open so I went ahead and jumped on it . Sometimes a pistol project just seems to help break up the long gun builds a little.  Thanks Nathan

Offline steve1122

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2016, 07:31:48 AM »
I really love that pistol, and hope to see it soon at Alabama Kentucky Rifle show.  Kudos to Nathan on another great build!

Offline wattlebuster

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2016, 02:49:28 PM »
Well you did big on the repair cause I sure cant see it. ;D
Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a cold frosty morning