Author Topic: Gun shows?  (Read 3035 times)

Offline madmtmike

Gun shows?
« on: January 11, 2017, 01:40:35 AM »
When & where can one peruse contemporary made Hawken, Leman percussion rifles for sale?
I'm located in Texas so I prefer somewhere in mid America.
Thanks.
madmtmike

Offline Ky-Flinter

• Global Moderator
  • Born in Kentucke, just 250 years late
Re: Gun shows?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 01:52:14 AM »
I don't know if there will be any contemporary made Hawken, Leman percussion rifles for sale there, but there is a good show coming up very soon in Alabama.  Details here.... http://americanlongrifles.org/forum/index.php?topic=42534.0

And one in Kentucky in about a month.  http://americanlongrifles.org/forum/index.php?topic=42580.0

-Ron
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 01:55:14 AM by Ky-Flinter »
Ron Winfield

Life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun. -Nate McKenzie

Offline oldtravler61

• We all make mistakes.
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 02:34:50 AM »
 Madmtmike there is a show in April at Tulsa. It's called Wanenmachers. It's with out a doubt the largest show in the U.S. It has about everything gun related. Antique an otherwise. There are approximately 4200 tables under a ten acre building. Yep that's right. It's around April 2 this year. Google it. Hope this helps you. Mike

Offline thecapgunkid

• Matthew 25:40
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 05:29:11 PM »
You should probably abandon common sense, quit your job, leave your family in the lurch and come to Harrisburg Pa., in a little less than a month because the Farm Center is going to have a huge bash.   Since moving into the Lehigh Valley I have learned that there are more contemporary rifle makers running around today than there were in the eighteenth century.  Lots of Hawkens on the range here.

Now, I should warn you that I don't know what you'd do after you abandon common sense, quit your job, leave your family in the lurch and come to Harrisburg Pa. because I live only forty minutes away and would not do any of those things, but....

Um Juss Sayn

Don't shoot yore eye out, kid

The Capgun Kid

Offline smylee grouch

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 11:11:44 PM »
If you should go to Tulsa, you could also stop up in Clairmore,only a few miles away, and go through the Davis Gun Museum. Interesting place.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 12:20:33 AM by smylee grouch »