Author Topic: Question for strap makers ( Women and Men )  (Read 2219 times)

Offline 3 swans

Question for strap makers ( Women and Men )
« on: January 17, 2017, 12:05:08 AM »
Hello. My wife got an Inkle loom for christmas. She needs good info on getting started. We looked at some classes, but most are far away, we live in central WV. She is looking for books, tapes, dvd's anything to get started and maybe a teacher somewhere close. Thanks Carol Moler.

Offline J Henry

Re: Question for strap makers ( Women and Men )
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 02:31:55 AM »
 Book Inkle weaving BY Helene Bress ISBN 0-684-13870-0 Go to this site     http://www.carolingianrealm.info/ the Left side MISCELLARY,,Great Pattern Generator.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 02:34:56 AM by J Henry »

Offline alyce-james

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 06:42:20 AM »
3 swans; good evening Sir. Here is the name of 2 books my wife started her venture into the world of Inkle Weaving, 1) "Inkle Pattern Directory" by Anne Dixon. 2012 Interweave ; interweave.com. 2) "Inkle Weaving " by Helene Bress. Copyright 1975. Copyright under the Berne Convention. In the past we have used her home spun yarn, hemp and Linen. She even helped me weave  a couple of hemp horn straps. Good luck on your new venture. Have a great week. AJ.
"Candy is Dandy but Liquor is Quicker". by Poet Ogden Nash 1931.

Offline grabenkater

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 01:46:06 PM »
Checkout YouTube, lots of free videos on there.
When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?