Author Topic: Fowler Wad Storage  (Read 2446 times)

Offline Jerry

Fowler Wad Storage
« on: January 17, 2017, 04:57:48 AM »
I'm interested in finding ways to store or carry fowler wads. I usually just drop them in a large inside back pocket of my pouch. I carry a small amount when hunting. Thanks.

Offline mab7

Re: Fowler Wad Storage
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 06:19:14 AM »
Mine go in a pocket as well.
Only difference is that the pocket is on the front/outside of the pouch, under the flap.

Offline Robby

• NYSSR ―
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 03:50:15 PM »
molon labe
We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. A. Lincoln

Offline T*O*F

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 04:45:38 PM »
I used to carry individual loads in plastic 35mm film cans.  Shot was pre-measured along with wad and cards.  Carried 10 in each pocket of my game vest.  Measure powder, grab a can, remove lid, ram overpowder card and wad, drop the shot, and and then add the overshot card.  Ram the whole mess down as a shot column.  Drop the film can in the game pouch.  It was pretty quick and easy instead of fumbling for individual components.  20 rounds was more than enough for a day's hunting, unless shooting doves.
Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

Offline bob in the woods

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 03:08:31 AM »
Depends on what type of wads. I sometimes used  brown paper squares[folded] which are  simply threaded onto a length linen thread that is knotted on the end. The wads just pull off when needed. I do the same with wool wads. The cardboard and fibre board type wads are easily carried in a small pipe tobacco tin or something similar if you prelude them. My friend actually has a "fowling" bag that has compartments/pockets for all the different wads, over shot cards etc.

Offline Stan

• stanhollenbaughgunsmith.com
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 03:49:01 AM »
Best wads that have ever been made, are made from hornet nest. just ball it up & shove it down.