Author Topic: knife  (Read 3202 times)

Offline Joe Schell

knife
« on: January 31, 2017, 11:38:58 PM »
A knife i recently finished

Offline sqrldog

Re: knife
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 11:56:19 PM »
I asked Joe to post a picture of the knife he made for me as I still don't do pictures. This is one fine riflemans knife made from a file. It arrived sharp enough to shave hair off of a frogs behind and from my use on a deer seems to hold an  edge well.. Anyone wanting a blacksmith made knife certainly will not go wrong with Joe. I have one more coming. This all started when I found a dead buck deer skull this summer and thought those anlters sure would make fine knives.  Looks as though I was right. Joe thanks for a fine knife. Tim

Offline Joe Schell

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 03:12:47 AM »
Thanks, Tim. I hope it lasts a while. As many deer, turkey and hogs as y'all kill down there it may be wore out by next fall.

Offline Curt Lyles

• Curt’s Blacksmith Shop
    • Curt's Blacksmith Shop
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 04:13:12 AM »
Thats  a nice lookin knife Joe Or Tim.

Offline sqrldog

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 04:28:30 AM »
I put a little wear on it yesterday. Hope to put some more on it before our deer season goes out. Then it'll be turkey season and hogs to hunt , fish to clean come to think of it I may put a lot of wear on it this year, but whats a man supposed to do.😊

Offline wattlebuster

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 12:52:48 PM »
I like it ;D
Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a cold frosty morning

Offline crowbarforge

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 02:51:16 AM »
I have a couple of Joe's knives and they are just about perfect. Well, yes, they are perfect working tools with a fine hand made look. And yes, he knows how to heat treat and they sharpen and hold a scary sharp edge.

Offline P.W.Berkuta

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 09:28:26 PM »
Very nice knife - also looks pleasing to the eye - it's proportions are well balanced. ;)
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it." - Chinese proverb