Author Topic: how many "tumble" round ball after cast?  (Read 9307 times)

greyhawk

Re: how many "tumble" round ball after cast?
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2017, 05:17:56 PM »
When you tumble them in a vibratory tumbler, no media or anything??   Just balls?   

How long? 

Yeah I tumble em - got LEE molds - use a heavy denium ball bag with a bit of graphite powder in - hold the bag one end each hand and rattle the balls round in there about a minute - they come out nice and shiney and will keep like that for ages - cant find the sprue mark at all - so ya can just load like swaged ball .
I keep that bag for doin it - just need a pinch of new graphite each time - e a s y !
Greyhawk

Ludo Van den Bussche

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2017, 11:17:44 PM »
I throw the balls in a tin tobacco box and shake that vigorously for a few minutes ... that's enough to take out the sprue... I also used a small canvas bag that I shook and ruffled about between my two hands ... A bit more work to get a result but you do not have the noise...

Offline walks with gun

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2017, 05:03:04 PM »
   I have one wrecked leg so I walk like a paint shaker and stumble from time to time,  this is as much tumbling as they ever needed.

Treebeard

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2017, 06:54:17 PM »
For a while I shot smoothbore competition in NSSA shoots and my experience both personal and observed was that dimples made a real improvement in accruracy at ranges of 25 and 50 yards.

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2017, 08:45:36 PM »
I just cast weigh and shoot, no problem. I have heard of a fellow that put a bunch of cast balls into a couple of paint cans and left them in his car trunk while he drove around town for a couple of days ????
Mark
Mark