Author Topic: Shooting lens  (Read 2793 times)

Online Robby

• NYSSR ―
Shooting lens
« on: February 11, 2017, 11:09:02 PM »
About fifteen years ago I was talking to a fellow about shooting, he showed me his regular eyeglasses and on one lens where your eye would fall while sighting down the barrel of a rifle was a small lens that looked almost like a rain drop. He said the lenses come on a sheet and just stick on the lens, he left it there all the time because it didn't bother with his everyday vision and pretty much, if he didn't point it out, I probably wouldn't have noticed. Has anyone heard of these lenses and where they may be obtained?
Robby
molon labe
We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. A. Lincoln

Smoketown

Re: Shooting lens
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 11:39:28 PM »
When I shot Match and Palma, this was the go-to guy - http://www.bjonessights.com/

Cheers,
Smoketown

Offline jaeren

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 01:06:53 AM »
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hydrotac-Stick-on-Bifocal-Lenses-1.50/38092965

you talking about something like this? not sure how it would help.

Online Robby

• NYSSR ―
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 05:14:30 PM »
Same idea Jaeren, but it appeared to be purpose made for shooters.
Robby
molon labe
We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. A. Lincoln

Offline EC121

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 08:13:22 PM »
The Hydrotac lenses can be cut to fit.  Website says the magnification is the same from edge to edge.
Brice Stultz

Offline Daryl

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 10:43:16 PM »
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hydrotac-Stick-on-Bifocal-Lenses-1.50/38092965

you talking about something like this? not sure how it would help.

Those would not help, jaren, as they are simply bi-focul readers.  For shooting, no more than .75 Diopter and usually .25 to .50 diopter is needed.  Any more than .75 diopter

and the target gets blurred out too much.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline deepcreekdale

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 08:03:14 PM »
Whenever I get a new prescription for eyeglasses, I just have them grind the point of focus  in the lens for one pair of glasses so that it lines up when I aim over open sights. Just take an old pair of glasses, line up the sights in a natural and comfortable position, then have someone else take a marker of some type and make a mark on the spot you are looking through. If you are right eye dominant, it will be somewhere in the upper left hand corner of the right lens. The optician can grind the lens that way.
”Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.” Theodore Roosevelt