Author Topic: Longrifle Case  (Read 2694 times)

Matthewbl87

Longrifle Case
« on: February 20, 2017, 04:00:07 PM »
I'm traveling next December to hunt white tail with a 42 inch barrel long rifle. I will be flying and I need a hard case to store my rifle in. I have done some searching online and can't seem to find a case that is both long enough and meets the requirement for air travel in the US. Does anyone know where I can find such a case?

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
Re: Longrifle Case
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 04:31:48 PM »
Check with Jim Chambers, I believe they sell some hard travel cases.
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline David Rase

• If we need it here, make it here. Charlie Daniels
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 09:28:52 AM »
Here is the link to Americase.  They make high quality secure aluminum gun cases.  A 63" x 10" x 4 1/2" locking aluminum case is only $239.00.   For $279.00 you  can get the same case with wheels.
https://www.americase.com/store/gun-cases
David

Offline J I

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 06:52:55 PM »
I just got a hard case with wheels from Jim Chambers. The folks at Jim Chambers are very friendly and a pleasure to do business with. It is well worth the investment. It is well made and will hold a rifle with a 42" barrel.

Jeremiah

Offline Marcruger

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 10:49:30 PM »
I have one of Jim Chamber's cases as well.  $#*!-for-stout construction.  All I added was some bumpers for two sides.  Great cases.  Marc