Author Topic: You gotta be kidding me.  (Read 10872 times)

Offline Rick Sheets

• HCH Master Horner and Web Guy
    • Proud Journeyman Horner with the Honourable Company of Horners
Outrageous and sad... Re: You gotta be kidding me.
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2017, 03:47:02 AM »
I would love to laugh in his face as he cannot be serious.
Proud Master Horner with the Honourable Company of Horners
     http://www.hornguild.org
My personal website:
     http://patriothorns.com
Like me on facebook:
     http://www.facebook.com/patriothorns

g2608671@verizon.net

Re: You gotta be kidding me.
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2017, 03:57:08 AM »
This is actually sad.  Sad that somewhere along the line someone has fallen prey to this item and has paid a lot of money for it. I can see it now: a buyer thinks they have discovered a remarkable piece of history and in fact this is questionable at best. And the representation of the "dog" chasing the deer / stag?  Anyone form Pennsylvania knows that the  animal doing the chasing is actually the Common Penna Sasquatch.  Everyone in PA has seen one and some of my best friends are Sasquatch.  My neighbor is a Sasquatch; works for the county holding a "Stop and Slow" sigh on road projects.

Offline Dphariss

• Kill a Commie for your Mommy
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2017, 04:50:54 AM »
Just a horn? Guns, knives, corn cookers... You name it and there are fakes out there. There are so many fake horns out there I would not give any more than a similar modern horn would bring. Period. Even then I would just make my own.

Pawn Stars has some really flaky "experts".  But its a TV show about a pawn shop that does not have a FFL so.....
Dan
He who dares not offend cannot be honest. Thomas Paine

Offline oldtravler61

• We all make mistakes.
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2017, 08:25:45 PM »
 If anyone takes the P.S show seriously needs help. When they buy the antique guns they have to shoot cause no collector would buy it unless......yeah right.... Also the historical documents they buy. That they handle like there reading the newspaper...... Yep their experts all right... Oldtravler

g2608671@verizon.net

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2017, 02:40:46 PM »
If anyone takes the P.S show seriously needs help. When they buy the antique guns they have to shoot cause no collector would buy it unless......yeah right.... Also the historical documents they buy. That they handle like there reading the newspaper...... Yep their experts all right... Oldtravler

True that.   PS has developed into such a standard format that IMHO it has become unwatchable.  Well, the young woman who does the book assessments has some interesting observations. In general, what has happened to the History Channel with Counting Cars, Antique Archaeology, Pawn Stars is as far away from history as possible.  And while I am at it; I would like to see just what the "antiques" actually sell for that they scrounge up on Antique Archaeology. 

Offline JCKelly

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2017, 06:47:14 PM »
Still available May 18. I'm gonna see if he'll take one of Gen'l Grant's cigars, used, in trade.