Author Topic: set triggers  (Read 2537 times)

Offline yip

set triggers
« on: March 18, 2017, 06:54:43 PM »
 following the underside of a rifle, can you bend the trigger plate to follow that contour without much complications?

Offline P.W.Berkuta

Re: set triggers
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 07:50:29 PM »
A lot depends on the curvature of the stock in the trigger plate area. I bend mine to fit and on some had a problem with double set triggers engaging each other. I ended up making a new rear trigger - after that no issues. You can bend it cold if not a lot of bend is needed but go slow and watch for colapsing of the trigger's "windows" - you can always file the window square again - hope this info helps - others may give better advise this is mine - good luck :).
Forgot to say if the trigger plate has enough thickness you can file it to fit the contour along with the bending to improve the smooth curvature of the stock.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 07:54:46 PM by P.W.Berkuta »
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it." - Chinese proverb

Offline yip

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 09:27:21 PM »
 i should have said that have to straighten more than putting more bend in it, hope i didn't mislead........................yip

Offline yip

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 01:42:31 AM »
 thanks for the reply, i did straighten the trigger plate and works fine...........yip

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 01:48:53 AM »
Be sure to re-bend between three pins in a machinist's vise.  Otherwise, all the bending will occur in the trigger slots.
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

ron w

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 04:05:50 PM »
straightening the plate might produce the opposite condition as described above. the sear may have too much engagement requiring it to be filled back for decent trigger travel.

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 07:30:43 PM »
Be sure to re-bend between three pins in a machinist's vise.  Otherwise, all the bending will occur in the trigger slots.

One more thing, Put the pins and screws back in their holes so they won't
collapse during the bending process.

Bob Roller

Offline Nordnecker

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 02:26:26 PM »
Another thing you might want to do is compare the width of the trigger plate with your guard. I mention this because after you inlet the plate it is too late to make it thinner if the guard won't cover the end of the plate.
"I can no longer stand back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify our precious bodily fluids."- Gen Jack T. Ripper