Author Topic: 25th Annual Alvin York shoot Pall Mall Tennessee the silver anniversary edition  (Read 4375 times)

mmprwarner

Well the insanity has set in Londean and I are doing the last-minute preparations for the Alvin C York Memorial shoot silver anniversary edition. For those of you who are going be glad to see you down there for those of you who are not you're missing it. So be good be safe will see you in Pall Mall.

Offline Cades Cove Fiddler

;D ;D 8) 8)...Will be FUN....  See yous there....!!!!

Online snapper

I will be thinking of the shoot when I am driving in TN this coming week for the Oakridge long range ML shoot.

Fleener
My taste are simple:  I am easily satisfied with the best.  Winston Churchill

Offline Robin Henderson

• AKA "Wobblyshot"
First time chunk shooter. Looking forward to it.
Flintlock is the only truly reliable source of ignition in a muzzle loader.

Offline WadePatton

• Tennessee
I really really wanted to shoot, but haven't had a chance to pull a trigger or make a chunk since deer season.  I might show up anyway, but I doubt it.  May the wind push all your balls into the spider.  8)
Hold to the Wind

Offline smylee grouch

25 Annual Shoot, Gosh I would have thought that shoot was going on longer than that.

;D ;D...Hey Grouch...!!... The present shoot is celebrating it's 25th year....However it is a resurgence of the beef shoots that were held at Pall Mall during and before the time of Sgt. York....Come on over... ;D ;D ;D

Offline smylee grouch

OK thanks for the explanation. I have three chunk guns and would love to come down but it won't happen this year. Hopefully in a couple of years. Hope the weather is good to you guys and you all have a great time.

Offline Michigan Flinter

There are at least six of us from Michigan that plan to come down .Most of us have around twenty years doing this . This might be the last year for me .I have a bad back and just can't get up and down anymore .Hope I can shoot all ten shots this year. Remember to aim small and wack a spider!

Offline bgf

I'm already planning what to make with my hamburger meat :)!

mmprwarner

There are at least six of us from Michigan that plan to come down .Most of us have around twenty years doing this . This might be the last year for me .I have a bad back and just can't get up and down anymore .Hope I can shoot all ten shots this year. Remember to aim small and wack a spider!

I wouldn't worry about this being your last trip I think we have a pleasant surprise for people.

8) :) ;D....Hoping for Great weather...... Bound to be a mighty shoot..... !!!

;D ;D ;D....Have arrived in Jim-Town....!!!  Looking forward to some great shooting with this gang tomorrow in Pall Mall......

mmprwarner

Good morning ladies and gentlemen
 Monday morning about 10 minutes till 11 Eastern time back in the saddle at work with a few minutes on my hands. I give you the rundown on the Sgt. Alvin York event and leave you a link to the score sheet. The Lord blessed us with a beautiful day all the Alvin C York shoot other than the fact without the tents might blow away and all the paperwork with them. Things went pretty well. Congratulations to Tom Swigart for winning the silver anniversary edition of the Sgt. Alvin C York Memorial shoot. The competition was good shooters did great and I was really proud of the staff. I'm sure that I won't catch everyone, and I'm sure that I speak for Mel as well as myself. Kay Bratton ran a line wonderfully. Thanks to her and all the other Range officers that helped as soon as she sends me the list will be sure to get their names post. Thanks to my beautiful wife Londean and Judy Anderson and Annie Dean for keeping all the paperwork straight and the scores entered. My thanks to Jerry Middendorf who very patiently scored targets all day long along with some other part-time help in Ron Boron, Steve Hitebrink., Vivian Moore, Josh Miller, and a few others that I was probably too busy to notice. All in all they did a great job if you will follow the link below it will take you to the score sheet.     http://media.wix.com/ugd/7ff034_5e51109852fc462cbca0db55154163d0.pdf

Offline Michigan Flinter

RobinI want to thank you and everyone who worked to put on this great shoot . You said that you had a surprise for us older shooters who have a hard time getting up and down to shoot ? Would you let us know what you had in mind to help us continue to take part in this great shoot? Thank You   Eric D. Lau  Michigan