Author Topic: WTB: Dixie Tennessee Mountain Rifle  (Read 676 times)

Offline Cades Cove Fiddler

WTB: Dixie Tennessee Mountain Rifle
« on: March 21, 2017, 12:41:17 AM »
 8) 8) ... Still searching for a DIXIE GUN WORKS  Tennessee Mountain Rifle in  .50cal ....... Not interested in having one shipped to me .... prefer to purchase in Tennessee, NC., Al., Ky., areas.....250+- miles from Nashville area drive to purchase distance ....I have custom built TENNESSEE rifles in .40 & .45 cal but have always wanted another Dixie TMR......Thanx, Boys...!!!! ;D ;D ...Asked for a price range, sooo ...Just missed an auctioned one with flint and cap locks for $450.... thinking that +- ...OK...??
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 06:50:30 AM by Cades Cove Fiddler »

Offline HAWKEN

Re: Tennessee Mountain Rifle
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 01:00:18 AM »
Look up Tip Curtiss In Cross Plains Tn
Retired LEO, member of NMLRA, life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge.

If you tell the truth you don't have to remember what you said...

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 03:16:25 AM »
I've had several and still have one.  They are muzzle heavy and somewhat awkward.  I cut 6" off my latest and it became a different rifle.  Much better balanced and easy to handle.
Mark
Mark

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 07:04:53 AM »
 :D   I had a .50cal TMR flinter back in 1981.... was a modified kit... made her slimmer and closer to E. TN profile...sweet gun  and a tack driver with 80 gr.2F at 60 yds. .... I have custom TN rifles in .40 & .45 now..... been horsin' for another Dixie .50 lately... good gun at inexpensive price.......  Thanx again, Boys...... 8) 8) 

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 05:50:54 PM »
 ??? ???.....Sequatchie...Had no trouble with my kit I built and modified for a better E. TN look..... sparked good, shot good....which does bring up a question in my hollow head, however.... On another post in the builder's column, I think, was a discussion on the steels used in making rifle barrels .... I wonder with so many   U.S. steel mills being closed, where the steel is made for barrel manufacture...??.....  ??? ???

Offline Ky-Flinter

• Global Moderator
  • Born in Kentucke, just 250 years late
Re: WTB: Dixie Tennessee Mountain Rifle
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 07:53:16 PM »
Note from a moderator:

We currently have at least 3 "barrel steel" threads going in the Building and Shooting sections here.  This is a Want-to-Buy post.  Let's not start another barrel steel thread here too.

The original poster wants to buy a Dixie Tennessee rifle.  Please limit your responses to the original topic.  Thanks.

-Ron
ALR Moderator
Experience is something you get right after you needed it.

Re: WTB: Dixie Tennessee Mountain Rifle
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 10:10:15 PM »
......  ;) ;)...Right , Flinter...!!! ...will find the other threads and ask there.....will be interested to know.....my sincerest apologies... :( :( :(