Author Topic: Sterling Silver Reliquary  (Read 2440 times)

Online tallbear

• Global Moderator
  • Mitch Yates
Sterling Silver Reliquary
« on: March 26, 2017, 06:46:51 PM »
This is a project that i recently finished up.It's a copy of a Sterling Silver Reliquary that was recently unearthed in the grave of Captain Gabriel Archer  at Jamestowne VA.Bit of a stretch for a longrifle accoutrement but a very interesting piece of history nonetheless......Mine is a slightly larger version and I've included a photo of the original for comparison.Also here is a link to information about the original http://historicjamestowne.org/archaeology/chancel-burials/archaeology/reliquary/

Mitch Yates

picture upload

Offline P.W.Berkuta

Re: Sterling Silver Reliquary
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 08:55:22 PM »
Very nice ;). As I read the info from the link on the original I did not know what it was and now I can understand that it is a very personal item - very interesting - thanks for the info & your pictures.
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it." - Chinese proverb

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 03:57:56 PM »
 Once again, Nice work Mitch. Being from that area makes it even more interesting.

Tim

Offline PPatch

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 09:10:54 PM »
Cool! Nice job too.

dave
Dave Parks   /   Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline Marcruger

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 08:35:31 PM »
Nicely done Mitch.  I am especially interested as I followed the find of this reliquary in the dig at Jamestown.  I also recall the controversy of a Catholic relic in what was known to be a Protestant Anglican community of entrepreneurs.  You really nailed the design and craftsmanship.  I appreciate that you can look at something like that and say, "I can do that."   :-)  Best wishes,   Marc