Author Topic: Parker Hale mould handles  (Read 1674 times)

Offline bones92

• If it was easy, everyone would do it.
Parker Hale mould handles
« on: March 27, 2017, 09:08:47 PM »
Does anyone know if another brand or maker's mould handles will work with the Parker Hale .577 mould?

I have acquired the mould, but will need handles.  I've read that RCBS was the OEM for these P-H moulds, but that's not confirmed.
If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Offline Daryl

Re: Parker Hale mould handles
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 09:15:13 PM »
Lee's handles might work - best to take your blocks into a store and find out yourself.  Lee, RCBS, Saeco and Lyman - all about identical for standard blocks.  The come in single, double, 4 and 6 cavity versions.  Sometimes you have to thin the tines a bit - sometimes you have to drill new screw holes - no worries - do it - make them fit.  I've even converted single cavity Lyman handles to take DC blocks.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline bones92

• If it was easy, everyone would do it.
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 10:19:10 PM »
Daryl,

In searching around the 'Net, I found an old thread where a guy had the same questions.  He went to Lee and discovered their Lee Commercial handles work perfectly, no fitting required.  The thread was from 2008, but I doubt Lee's handles have changed much.

Anyway, I ordered a set from MidwayUSA.

Thanks!
If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Offline Daryl

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 09:41:26 PM »
Welcome- as I noted (I think), my Lee, RCBS, Saeco and Lyman handles all have the same thickness (within a few thou) prongs for the blocks - I did have to do some filing on my 4-cavity handles to fit a new air rifle bullet mould from NOE, however the DC air gun bullet mould from the same company fit an old set of DC Saeco handles I wasn't using.
They are pretty much the same deal, just longer or shorter tines on the mould supports.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 09:44:07 PM by Daryl »
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V