Author Topic: Good Gracious - New Horn Book by Jay Hopkins!  (Read 2467 times)

Offline Marcruger

Good Gracious - New Horn Book by Jay Hopkins!
« on: April 01, 2017, 08:56:15 PM »
Well folks, here is a must-have horn book that you will be kicking yourself over if you don't buy one now.  Think about the Moravian Gunmaking book that everyone seeks now.  No, I have no connection with sales of the book, just posting this here for the horners in the room. 

The book is HUGE.  385 full color pages.  The large horizontal format gives room for the large professional photos.  The photo quality is the equal of Bill Ivey's NC Longrifle tome. 

It is called "Bone Tipped & Banded Horns Vol. 1" by Jay Hopkins.  That means hopefully we'll see Volume 2 one day soon. 

The layout is the big photo of each horn to the right, and detail shots, specifications, and information to the left. 

Tim Crosby and I came up with the same word independently.....OVERWHELMING.  I am used to seeing horns in books, and comparing them to see what I like and don't like.  This book is so large it is hard to take it all in.  So very many beautiful horns and ideas. 

It is of course hardbound with a nice dust jacket. 

I picked mine up in New Market, VA and got to meet Jay.  Very patient and humble.  He was surprised that the pre-orders were nearly double his original estimate. 

I hope you all get a copy and enjoy it as much as I do.   For a book of this quality and scope, the price is very good. 

Best wishes, and God bless,   Marc

pic bbcode

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
Re: Good Gracious - New Horn Book by Jay Hopkins!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 10:16:07 PM »
 Nice write-up Marc.

Tim

Offline wattlebuster

Re: Good Gracious - New Horn Book by Jay Hopkins!
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 02:47:52 AM »
How bout some contact and ordering info if you have it please
Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a cold frosty morning

Offline Karl Kunkel

« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 05:55:25 AM by Karl Kunkel »
Kunk

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII