Author Topic: Anthony ?????  (Read 3530 times)

Offline Bigmon

Anthony ?????
« on: April 07, 2017, 10:48:03 PM »
I used to know a guy from around Apollo Pa names Anthony who was (is I suppose) a really fine builder.
When I first met him he was working with Ray Woodall make great CENTERMARK TULLE's and similiar smoothbores.
Later I heard he may have aquired the company?
Why I am writing is that yesterday I aquired a very nice longrifle attributed to him.  A 50 cal flinter, oc/rd barrel that was the ag prize at Old Westmoreland some years back.
I been trying to recall Anthony's last name, as I want to put it in my notes regarding this rifle.  It is purty nace and un used for the most part.
Might be Pedrazuzcky?  Pdra chinsky, ?? But I am sure it aint Smith, or Jones, or anything easy??
Thanks if anyone remembers??

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
Re: Anthony ?????
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 03:00:27 AM »
Funny I live near there and never heard of him
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline T*O*F

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 03:13:28 AM »
You sure his name wasn't Andrew?  I seem to remember an Andrew with a Polish name starting with a P.
Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

Offline Ray Nelson

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 03:32:01 AM »
Palezewski...not sure spelling is correct.

Ray

Spinner

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 04:56:38 PM »
I believe he is Anthony Palysewki. I remember seeing a couple of pieces made by him for sale on TOW about 10 years ago.  He was working near Tarentum at the time, and specialized in French fusils. I believe I remembered hearing that he was no longer building. I'm sure there's some people from the Valley area who know him.

Offline Steve-ALA

• Starting Member
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 08:09:06 AM »
His name is Anthony Palyszeski and he did specialize in French fusils.

Offline alex e.

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 02:36:21 PM »
I met him last summer while working on his parents home. I got to talk to him for an hour about things. A nice guy. For personal reasons he stopped building.
Uva uvam videndo varia fit

Lee44shootercnb

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 11:17:56 PM »
Anthony Palyszeski at:
PO Box 32
Tarentum, PA 15084

Offline rich pierce

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2017, 05:44:21 AM »
As I recall his guns had good architecture.
Andover, Vermont