Author Topic: Jim Kibler Saves the Day.  (Read 2108 times)

CM

Jim Kibler Saves the Day.
« on: April 27, 2017, 11:33:11 PM »
Recently started on my first build  with  the Kibler Southern Mountain Rifle. All was going well until I was tapping the lock plate when the tap broke.  Of course it broke off almost level with nothing sticking out I could get a grip on.  In the process of trying to remove it, I pretty much hozed the lock plate. I asked Katherine Kibler if I could get a new lock plate. She replied that Jim said he thought he could fix it.   Sent it off, and Jim fixed it the same day he received it! Came back beautifully fixed at no charge.  This time I was able to tap it without breaking the trap.  Needless to say Jim sure saved the day for me.   
After completing the Kibler rifle, I plan on finishing the Ferguson rifle from TRS which is a much more difficult project than the Kibler – at least for me it is. 
  The Kibler kit has been a good learning experience for me.
Many thanks to Jim Kibler for not only his outstanding rifle kits, but his willingness to help with fixing screw ups like mine.
[/font]

Offline smart dog

• Global Moderator
Re: Jim Kibler Saves the Day.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 12:44:21 AM »
Hi CM,
That is very good news and Jim and Katherine are fantastic folks.  When you get going on your Ferguson, which is not an easy build, send me a PM and I can give you some insights on how to proceed.  I have a nice TRS Ferguson I built from a plank of English walnut and learned a lot about those guns during the building process.

dave
"The main accomplishment of modern economics is to make astrology look good."

CM

Re: Jim Kibler Saves the Day.
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 01:02:44 AM »
Hi Dave;
I was really relieved with Jim's fixing the lock plate.  Definitely will do business with him again.  I had been looking at an earlier thread from 2011 on the Ferguson that got my interest up for that one, which has some of ur posts.  It sure is above my abilities, but the Kibler rifle helped so I think I can proceed with caution. Will PM u when I get ready to give it a go.  From what I have read,  I think the biggest problem for me  will be drilling the flash hole in the right place.