Author Topic: Kibler Rifle Pictures  (Read 45297 times)

Offline Doc

Re: Kibler Rifle Pictures
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2017, 01:01:30 AM »
My humble submission;  .32 in fancy maple.

Such as it is.  Two more in the bull pit!!

Doc

Offline TN Longhunter

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2017, 03:59:30 PM »
Don't sell yourself short. Nice work and great little squirrel gun. Now do I need to pull the trigger on one to build? My problem is I would always compare to the one I got from Ric.

This is going to get me in trouble. Just checked and I'm working this year about 40 miles from his shop. 
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 04:11:29 PM by TN Longhunter »
Don Spires
Tennessee Longhunters
Patron Life NRA
NMLRA
CLA

Offline hanshi

• My passion is longrifles!
    • martialartsusa.com
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2017, 06:45:23 PM »
I've been drooling wanting one of Jim's kits.  My three problems, right now, are (in no particular order) 1.  What caliber to choose.  2.  $$$$.  3.  The 14" lop; mine are all 13" except for one .50 at 12.5".  "OH, the humanity"!
!Jozai Senjo! "always present on the battlefield"
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.

Offline oldtravler61

• We all make mistakes.
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2017, 07:42:23 PM »
  Bob that is exactly my reason. My daughter goes threw cars faster than a demolition Derby. Hence why I build my own.  Oldtravler

Offline Marcruger

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2017, 02:50:36 AM »
Hey Kingsburyarms,

I said this before, but that is an AMAZINGLY beautiful wood finish on the maple rifle with the Laurel Mountain Stain and Jim's Iron Nitrate.  I've saved that photo off and look at it over and over.  I'll bet you son's jaw dropped when he saw it.  Bravo! 

God Bless,  Marc

Online Kingsburyarms

• Jon Rider
  • Administrator
  • Jon Rider
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2017, 07:40:19 PM »
Thanks! - all the credit goes to Jim and Katherine for picking out such a spectacular piece of wood - They are some of the nicest most accommodating people I know...

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2017, 11:11:29 PM »
I've been drooling wanting one of Jim's kits.  My three problems, right now, are (in no particular order) 1.  What caliber to choose.  2.  $$$$.  3.  The 14" lop; mine are all 13" except for one .50 at 12.5".  "OH, the humanity"!

Not sure where you got the 14" pull, but this isn't correct.  They run between 13 5/8" and 13 3/4".  No big deal, but just wanted to clarify.

Thanks,
Jim

Ric27

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2017, 02:18:55 AM »
;) :D... Not mine, but the great Ric Lambert built this one from a Kibler kit....I believe she has a inlaid pewter nosecap....Great Southern Mountain look... !!!

gif upload

Thanks Fiddler! It has a brass nose cap with chevron piercings.

Offline iloco

• Old Timer, Chilhowie, Va.
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2017, 01:38:27 PM »
I like looking at all the Kibler rifles where no two are the same.
 Jim Kibler has done what the Hawken generation did in the 70-80's. 
I bet his next Rifle will be a hot item the same as his SMR has been.
iloco

Offline hanshi

• martialartsusa.com
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2017, 07:38:43 PM »

Not sure where you got the 14" pull, but this isn't correct.  They run between 13 5/8" and 13 3/4".  No big deal, but just wanted to clarify.

Thanks,
Jim

Aah, I can handle a 13 5/8" and even a 13 3/4".  Honestly, my only real problem is deciding what caliber.  I have a .32, .36, .40 and a treasured .45 Lancaster.  While I don't mind a second squirrel rifle, I simply worship the .45.

Offline iloco

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2017, 09:13:01 PM »

Thanks,
Jim

Aah, I can handle a 13 5/8" and even a 13 3/4".  Honestly, my only real problem is deciding what caliber.  I have a .32, .36, .40 and a treasured .45 Lancaster.  While I don't mind a second squirrel rifle, I simply worship the .45.
Hanshi, A 45 caliber would be lighter than the other calibers. I think what ever you choose you would like very much.
iloco

Offline bones92

• If it was easy, everyone would do it.
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2017, 04:37:55 PM »
I think a Kibler kit will be my first build...someday.
If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Offline hanshi

• martialartsusa.com
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2017, 11:05:38 PM »
I'd bet a .32, though a tiny bit heavier, would be awesome.

Offline iloco

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2017, 02:53:29 AM »
I'd bet a .32, though a tiny bit heavier, would be awesome.
A 32 caliber is my favorite caliber.  They are fun to shoot.
iloco

Offline moleeyes36

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2017, 04:44:40 AM »
Don't have the one I built for someone, but Jim has pictures of it on his website http://www.jimkibler.net/kit-gun-gallery.html

Mole Eyes
Don Richards
NMLRA Field Rep, Instructor, Field Range Officer
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer

Offline utseabee

« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2017, 11:43:08 PM »
    This was my first Jim Kibler kit, my first attempt at scraping, and also my first attempt at finishing something to look old. Put this one together at Jim Parkers's kit building class last month.

upload your pictures

upload the photo
The difficult we do at once, the impossible takes a little longer.

Offline Molly

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2017, 12:19:54 AM »
Looks good.  Maybe a tooth pick with a slight drop of Track's "AquaFort 2" will tone down the bright shiny pins.

Offline utseabee

« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2017, 01:17:23 AM »
    This was my first Jim Kibler kit, my first attempt at scraping, and also my first attempt at finishing something to look old. Put this one together at Jim Parkers's kit building class last month.

upload your pictures

upload the photo

Never noticed them until you pointed them out to me in the pics. I probably will finish them with something when I pull them out the next time.
The difficult we do at once, the impossible takes a little longer.

Offline PPatch

« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2017, 02:21:56 AM »
No one else will notice either. Good idea to wait until you have the gun apart, or do nothing. In any case AQ is not so good solution - it will rust the pins.

dave
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 01:42:32 AM by PPatch »
Dave Parks   /   Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline Molly

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2017, 02:45:38 AM »
Actually, you do not need to remove them and it's probably better NOT to.  Just a "damp" tooth pick with the solution touched to the surface will do the trick.  "Rust them", of course that's what most products do to metal when used to "age" it.  We're not talking sloshing it on with a paint brush here!

As to noticing them, they stand out like a LED light otherwise.  They did on mine and in spite of being satisfied overall I did not care for that bright end finish showing.  If you like it don't mess with it however but the risk of "rusting the pins" is nothing to be concerned with IMO.

Offline smallpatch

• Dane Lund
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2017, 03:25:49 AM »
I disagree.  The last thing you want is for those pins to rust in place, in the wood. If too much, you may never get them out.
If ya got to cover them up, take em out and blue them.  You could also shorten them a 1/16", and no one will ever see em.
In His grip,

Dane

nosrettap1958

« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2017, 05:31:53 AM »
;) :D... Not mine, but the great Ric Lambert built this one from a Kibler kit....I believe she has a inlaid pewter nosecap....Great Southern Mountain look... !!!

gif upload

Beautiful rifle, Love that style of a Southern. .

Offline Cades Cove Fiddler

« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2017, 07:14:10 PM »
 8) 8)... Great job on your build, UTSEABE ... !!! ....couple questions.....did you  modify T/G ..? (looks good !!) ....will you use any sealer (oil or varnish) on the stock..?? .... What caliber ? .... thanx...NICE JOB ..... regards ...CC Fiddler .....

Smoketown

« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2017, 07:21:24 PM »

Never noticed them until you pointed them out to me in the pics. I probably will finish them with something when I pull them out the next time.

If they're below flush, bees wax works great as a camouflage.

It also keeps them from 'drifting' as the wood shrinks.    ;)

Ever notice how old arms always have "gradue" in the pin holes and crevices around the inlets/carving?  :o

Cheers,
Smoketown

Offline Mick C

« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2017, 09:01:09 PM »

Very nice utseabee. Love the dark finish and the grease hole.  Great job!....Mick
My profile picture is my beloved K9 best friend and soulmate, Buster Brown, who passed away in 2018.  I miss you buddy!