Author Topic: Pedersoli trade gun update  (Read 2317 times)

Bryan6739

Pedersoli trade gun update
« on: May 07, 2017, 02:49:35 AM »
Thanks to all who replied to my original post.  Got to shoot her twice so far.  Seems like the  lock functions fine.  With a properly sharp english flint positioned for good contact to frizen gun spark was flawless. After few shots it does have tendency to slow down ignition . Was picking the vent after loading and after each shot.  Little more thorough cleaning of vent after every 2/3 shots rectified problem.  Maybee vent needs to be opened up ?  Trigger ok. Little excessive takeup. As far as roundball loads , looks like gun gonna like 610s with pillow ticking lubed with tracks mink oil.  Un scientific shooting I was able to hit 2 liter bottles at about 25 yds with decent consistency. Load was little tight but shot better than 600 with lubed ticking.  Shot loads gonna need alot more work on my part.  Probably most fun i have had shooting any firearm in a long time.  Think i am hooked on smoothbore !!!!

Offline Waksupi

• Ric Carter, Somers, Montana
Re: Pedersoli trade gun update
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 05:34:27 PM »
When I start getting misfires or slow ignition, I scrape the breech face. Usually solves the problem.
Ric Carter
Somers, Montana

Offline Standing Bear

Re: Pedersoli trade gun update
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 07:52:41 PM »
What size is the touch hole?  I've never had a flintlock over .54 but like at least a 1/16" touch hole on my flinters. Seem to recall Brits had .080" touch holes on Brown Bess - way too big In my opinion but they were all about sure fire ignition and not much on accuracy.
TC
Nothing is hard if you have the right equipment and know how to use it.  OR have friends who have both.

http://texasyouthhunting.com/