Author Topic: Killing time while the wife cooks supper.  (Read 7057 times)

Offline oldtravler61

• We all make mistakes.
Re: Killing time while the wife cooks supper.
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2017, 03:50:19 AM »
Darkhorse thank you for sharing. Mighty fine looking firearms. An the locks on the correct side!! Oldtravler

Offline Darkhorse

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2017, 02:10:22 AM »
Thanks to both of you for the kind words. Most people don't notice the wrist and comb. It feels better than it looks too. I just kept working it down until it fit the best for me. I'm surprised you noticed as it is such a minor thing.
I am not a woodcarver or artist, so my rifles are just plain old hunting guns. The one's you drag through the mud and briars and don't give it a second thought.
This was a TOW kit and I wanted set triggers. They said set triggers won't fit because there's not enough room. We were both right, set triggers don't fit. But I have extensive experience in the tool&die trade and just general machining. So I ended up doing a lot of filing and parts modification, then I had to blend portions of the precarved mortices and after a couple of days everything just fit. The set trigger worked the first shot.
Planning several steps ahead can really help.

American horses of Arabian descent.

Offline oldtravler61

• We all make mistakes.
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2017, 03:18:06 AM »
 Darkhorse if yeah got the will. There's always a way. You did good. Mighty good. Thanks again!  Oldtravler