Author Topic: Neck Knife for Special Quill Work Sheath  (Read 2190 times)

Online jcmcclure

Neck Knife for Special Quill Work Sheath
« on: June 02, 2017, 04:03:40 AM »
You guys may have been wondering where I had disappeared to. Just prior to the first of the year my wife Heather had some serious health problem that resulted in a hospitalization and ultimately finding out she had a somewhat rare birth defect in her pancreas that would require surgery. After a couple surgeries with complications and finally a success Heather is now getting back to normal. In the midst of all that I have transitioned to a new law enforcement agency and life has been so busy. When Heather spent so much time in the hospital I cancelled a number of orders for knives and other projects that I had received at the first of the year.

This is the first knife that I have been able to forge and complete in 2017. It is a neck knife made specifically for a quilled sheath that a gentleman received as a Christmas gift. For whatever reason he decided to have me finish the project we started. I am looking forward to getting back on track with knife building.

Blade is forged from 1084, through tang peened over coin silver endcap, poured pewter collar and overall aged appearance.

facebook photos hosting

Offline skillman

• The Usual Suspect
Re: Neck Knife for Special Quill Work Sheath
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 12:20:40 PM »
Great sheath, great knife, great set! Congrats. I love it.
Steve Skillman

n stephenson

Re: Neck Knife for Special Quill Work Sheath
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 03:26:40 PM »
Casey, Glad to hear that Heather is doing well!! Nice Work!! I like the blade and, the handle too.   I really like the color of the handle.   GOOD JOB!!!    Nate