Author Topic: Henderson County NC  (Read 2943 times)

Offline varsity07840

Henderson County NC
« on: June 03, 2017, 06:46:20 PM »
Does anybody have any information on the possibility of/availability of leasing land to shoot on? Just enough to shoot legally and safely would be fine as would enough to also hunt. It would be just for myself. Relocating  soon.

Thanks in advance.

Offline EC121

Re: Henderson County NC
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 06:52:28 PM »
Probably the best way to find a place is to get on the NMLRA site and look for local blackpowder clubs listed there and call them.  I used to do that when going back to Ohio on vacation.  I would go to the monthly shoots while we visited relatives.
Brice Stultz

Offline wormey

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 07:16:18 PM »
There are a few of us old guys who shoot mostly blackpowder guns at Polk County Gun Club.  Polk Co. is adjacent to Henderson Co.  and straight down I-26 near Columbus, a pleasant drive.  Membership is tight, but with some patience doable.  Membership is $200 per year which is very reasonable .  Wormey

Offline varsity07840

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 10:01:04 PM »
I saw that club while doing some research. Perhaps I'll look you up after we get there. I'll try to con you and cohort into being a sponsor.
Thanks.

Offline varsity07840

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 10:01:45 PM »
Probably the best way to find a place is to get on the NMLRA site and look for local blackpowder clubs listed there and call them.  I used to do that when going back to Ohio on vacation.  I would go to the monthly shoots while we visited relatives.

I've got feelers out to them.

Thanks

Offline Michigan Flinter

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 11:24:56 PM »
there is the French broad river muzzleloading  club  , Ashville has a range that I know of .My son lives outside of Hendersonville and belongs to the Ashville club .I will talk to him about giving out his phone no. and get back with you. Good luck finding land to hunt on .

Offline varsity07840

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 06:05:46 PM »
there is the French broad river muzzleloading  club  , Ashville has a range that I know of .My son lives outside of Hendersonville and belongs to the Ashville club .I will talk to him about giving out his phone no. and get back with you. Good luck finding land to hunt on .

Thanks!

Offline Michigan Flinter

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2017, 03:23:58 AM »
YOUR WELCOME