Author Topic: ....East Tennessee Rifle  (Read 9494 times)

Offline WadePatton

• Tennessee
Re: ....East Tennessee Rifle
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2017, 06:26:36 PM »
Thanks for the pics and even moore pics.  Nothing much harder to get "full coverage" pics of than our longrifles. 

Kinda like the "long wood" half-stock.   Neat gun.  It really does help for us to at least "absorb" some of the details of any rifle "away from the shows" such that we can know what to look for if we get to see it in person.  So much sensory overload when viewing dozens in a day or two, I can soak up more at this rate.

Granted that handling/seeing in person gives the fullest picture, these flat digital ones are a great aid to any student of the rifle and SOOOOO much more convenient.

Thanks again.
Hold to the Wind

Offline Sequatchie Rifle

• Global Moderator
  • F. & A.M. Helion #1; 3rd SFG(ABN)
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2017, 07:17:20 PM »
I have, or have had, a rifle almost identical in every way to that rifle, except it had a full stock. I'll look for some photos so we can compare the two!
"We fight not for glory, nor riches nor honors, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.” Declaration of Arbroath, 1320

Offline oldtravler61

• We all make mistakes.
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2017, 07:36:18 PM »
   Cades one of the trigger guards that I purchased at the Tennessee show is almost identical to yours. Just a newer made one. Two have the H.H.stamp an this one I attribute to Herchels  makings. Mainly because they were all in the same box together.  Thanks for showing.  Oldtravler

Offline diamante

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2017, 09:14:07 PM »
What is the method used to attach the rib to the barrel?

Offline WadePatton

• Tennessee
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2017, 04:13:01 AM »
I have, or have had, a rifle almost identical in every way to that rifle, except it had a full stock. I'll look for some photos so we can compare the two!

Sweet. hope to see those pics too.  8)
Hold to the Wind

Offline Cades Cove Fiddler

« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2017, 05:17:54 PM »
 ;D ;D.... Diamante...Wooden rib is attatched by pins through either staples or loops to bottom of barrel ...that's why some think wooden forestock has been shortened .... Traveller ....Please post a pic of those guards....!!! Thanx, boys ...!!!...S R ....post those pix...like to compare them ...Thanx, Wade...maybe we can meet-up at a show one day .... Cheers, DGB ....