Author Topic: Cap lock set trigger adjustment  (Read 1302 times)

g2608671@verizon.net

Cap lock set trigger adjustment
« on: June 26, 2017, 02:49:45 AM »
Well I had to get a complete new lock for my Pedersoli .32 cap lock.  The geometry of the old lock parts is no where close to that of the new, and the new tumbler and sear I ordered were not compatible. So after a minimum of wood sculpting I have the new lock installed.  However, I can not find a happy place for the adjusting screws that permits secure engagement of the hammer while permitting the set trigger to be engaged and as such allowing for a light trigger touch to fire the weapon. Suggestions and guidance relative to what I need to do to permit the set trigger to function while keeping the hammer at full cock without it falling forward at a gentle push on it are welcomed and appreciated.  Gun is not safe at this juncture. 

Offline smylee grouch

Re: Cap lock set trigger adjustment
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 05:08:51 AM »
It could be that the sear isn't going into the full cock notch fully. This sometimes happens when the trigger bar's are too high and preventing the sear to engage into full cock like their supposed to. Worth checking out. You also might have wood under the sear with the new lock geometry.

g2608671@verizon.net

Re: Cap lock set trigger adjustment
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 09:51:04 PM »
Thanks SG, I'll give it a try.
 :)