Author Topic: London, UK antique arms dealers & museums?  (Read 1737 times)

Offline Carl Young

London, UK antique arms dealers & museums?
« on: July 03, 2017, 08:59:08 PM »
Does anyone have suggestions on locations in London to shop for &/or view ~18th century flintlock arms? Also looking for bookstores that may have relevant titles not common in the USA.

Plans include the British Museum, Victoria & Albert, British Library, Tower, and central London sites. Any specific suggestions for these locations? What am I missing that should be on the list? Perhaps there are people (museum curators, experts, etc.) that should be on the list?

Also looking at history of medicine if you have suggestions; I've already identified the common medical sites.

Thanks for your help!
Carl
Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man, the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a time handed out military command, high civil office, legions — everything, now restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things: bread and circuses. -Juvenal

Offline JV Puleo

Re: London, UK antique arms dealers & museums?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 09:01:53 PM »
Look up Peter Finer. I believe he has a London shop now. It is very high end stuff, expensive and very good.

Offline Carl Young

Re: London, UK antique arms dealers & museums?
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 04:57:39 AM »
Look up Peter Finer. I believe he has a London shop now. It is very high end stuff, expensive and very good.

Thank you Joe. An added benefit is that it is only a few minutes walk from the hotel. I appreciate the advice.
Carl
Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man, the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a time handed out military command, high civil office, legions — everything, now restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things: bread and circuses. -Juvenal