Author Topic: Windage adjustment  (Read 5799 times)

Turtle

Re: Windage adjustment
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2017, 03:09:06 PM »
 No criticism of tapping was meant. It just frustrates the heck out of me personally-I always seem to go too far each way, and I loose my edge and groups get larger. . As I wrote-different strokes.

Offline Ky-Flinter

• Global Moderator
  • Born in Kentucke, just 250 years late
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2017, 08:38:41 PM »
Nobody said one way was wrong or the other was right.  Just different ways to reach the same goal.  As has been said, "Different strokes for different folks."  So, lighten up guys.

...... sight in a rifle that starts with even heights of front and rear, set in the middle of the flats.

Uh, doesn't that involve measuring??  Sorry, couldn't resist.  ;)

-Ron
Ron Winfield

Life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun. -Nate McKenzie

Offline OldMtnMan

• Colorado
    • Verified Ladies  Prime Сasual Dating
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2017, 09:46:20 PM »
Nobody said one way was wrong or the other was right.  Just different ways to reach the same goal.  As has been said, "Different strokes for different folks."  So, lighten up guys.

...... sight in a rifle that starts with even heights of front and rear, set in the middle of the flats.

Uh, doesn't that involve measuring??  Sorry, couldn't resist.  ;)

-Ron

No, just eyeball it. Close enough.  :)

Offline Darkhorse

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2017, 02:01:58 AM »
Turtle, The more you learn about measuring the sight base in the dovetail the better picture you will get of the entire process, and the less frustrating it will be. You will also find that you start using the tap and shoot method more and more the more experience you get.
There are always different ways to solve a problem and I think we all fall back to ways we better understand to get it done.

American horses of Arabian descent.