Author Topic: Robert "Bob" Walden,Poca,Wv  (Read 2875 times)

Offline mountainman70

• USAF vet 1971-1972 malmstrom afb,montana
Robert "Bob" Walden,Poca,Wv
« on: July 05, 2017, 02:44:42 AM »
Hello all; has anyone on here,besides myself, heard of Bob Walden,or seen his work on our favorite hobby ? He has been building since late 50's,early 60's. He doesn't sell many of his "children" as he calls them, but is a widely respected and loved among our local folks.
 Hope you all have a wonderful 4th of July. Don't forget to pray or lift up our current guardians,especially those in harm's way.

Best regards, Dave F on the mountain. 8)

Offline Cades Cove Fiddler

Re: Robert "Bob" Walden,Poca,Wv
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 04:26:13 AM »
 :) ;) ;)... post some pix of his work if you can....we're always interested in seeing someone's work... !!! .... what style does he build..??? ??? ???

Offline mountainman70

• USAF vet 1971-1972 malmstrom afb,montana
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 04:49:02 AM »
Hi Fiddler, he builds in many disciplines,has penchant for Pennsy guns from Jake Dickert to the western Pa guys,builds a mean Hawken,his first one back in 60's has all hand forged mounts cuz there weren't any commercially available. His Southern  Mountain rifles makes one think he was raised down there,instead of near Jake and Sam Hawkens place in St Louis, and his Jaegers aint too shabby.

I have been threatening him to post some pics,soon as I get some on the digital camera,I will post here.Bob is 76,knaps flint,does  re-enactment from stone age ,rev war,civil war,frontier,mountainman,he is the Real Item, and has seed the Elefan,mon amis.

Currently pres of our club,Mountaineer Flintlock Rifles, and is affectionally knowed as Mr Flintlock. He is the slim silver gent in my avatar,the other fellow on my right is G Parga,a New York city fireman,another real deal,likes them Hawkins,he do.
 Thanks  Dave

Offline Cades Cove Fiddler

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 07:09:29 AM »
 ;) ;)... will look forward to those pix... !!!

Offline David R. Pennington

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 05:05:19 AM »
He probably does more to promote the sport locally than anyone. He attends dozens of events anually and is always ready with advicce and encouragement for anyone with an interest in flintlocks etc.,. ,and as you mentioned Dave, a very accomplished flint knapper.
VITA BREVIS- ARS LONGA