Author Topic: Cherry Corners Hawken trigger parts ???  (Read 2050 times)

Offline mountainman70

• USAF vet 1971-1972 malmstrom afb,montana
Cherry Corners Hawken trigger parts ???
« on: July 17, 2017, 01:24:03 AM »
Hi y'all ; I found a Cherry Corners longbar Hawken trigger plate,10 1/4" long x 7/16 wide. Any ideas where I can find the parts to make it complete ? Thanks , Dave F 8)

Offline Mtn Meek

• GRRW Collector
Re: Cherry Corners Hawken trigger parts ???
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 09:10:53 AM »
Cherry Corners parts are hard to come by.  Occasionally see a lock or something on eBay.  I don't know of any regular source for parts.

Cherry Corners Mfg. Co. was started by Bud Brown sometime in the 1960's.  He was an early supplier of parts for custom Hawken rifles.  Kept adding component parts to his line until he was able to offer a complete kit in 1974.  The demand and work load became more than he wanted to handle and sold the business to Ithaca Gun Co. in 1976.

Ithaca then came out with their version of the Hawken rifle using Cherry Corners molds and tooling.  Ithaca sold their black powder division to Navy Arms after only about 18 months of production.  Navy arms continued to produce the Navy Arms/Ithaca Hawken with Cherry Corners parts and "made in USA" until the mid-1980's when they switched over to importing Uberti Hawken rifles.
Phil Meek

Offline Bob Roller

Re: Cherry Corners Hawken trigger parts ???
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 03:01:35 PM »
Hi y'all ; I found a Cherry Corners longbar Hawken trigger plate,10 1/4" long x 7/16 wide. Any ideas where I can find the parts to make it complete ? Thanks , Dave F 8)

These parts are NOT a high skill thing and will give you something to do if you want to tackle it.

Bob Roller