Author Topic: 20th annual English Creek Rendezvous in Iowa  (Read 2832 times)

Offline snapper

20th annual English Creek Rendezvous in Iowa
« on: July 21, 2017, 06:26:02 PM »
This year I will be hosting the 20th annual rendezvous at my farm in Southern Iowa.  The dates are Sept. 8, 9 and 10th.

I cant believe it has been 20 years.

You dont have to be period correct to come.  You can camp in your trailer, tent from Walmart or in your primitive lean-to.

Bring whatever you like to shoot.  Rifle, shotgun, pistol.  You can even bring your inline if you like.
A few folks, myself included will also most likely bring a .22 rifle.

I have various metal targets hanging from chains from 45 yards to 75 yards. 

We shoot, eat and have a drink or two.

Plenty of firewood and water.

No cost in attending.  Unless of coarse you want to share a drink with the host.  I like pale ales and good whiskey.

Let me know if you need more information.

This is a low key event, no worries about how you dress, what you shoot or how you camp.

Fleener

My taste are simple:  I am easily satisfied with the best.  Winston Churchill

nosrettap1958

Re: 20th annual English Creek Rendezvous in Iowa
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 09:23:02 PM »
Now that sounds like its going to be a lot of fun.  :)

Offline oldtravler61

• We all make mistakes.
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 12:37:41 AM »
  Greener it's people like you. That will keep this sport alive.  Oldtravler

tuffy

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 01:07:48 AM »
Howzeabout some directions fur us Kansas types. Please. And how many usually make it to the voo?  :)

CW

Offline snapper

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 03:50:04 AM »
For the new folks……This is a rendezvous that anyone can attend.  You do not need to dress in period correct clothing, shoot a period correct gun, or camp primitive.  You can show up with your Knight in-line with plastic stock and stainless barrel or your flinter, camp in your tent from REI or a wedge, ball cap or a powdered wig.

If you have never been to a rendezvous before, you need to be prepared to have instant friends, tell tall stories around the camp fire, eat food cooked over the open flame, socialize over a pot luck supper on Saturday night that will put a Baptist church social to shame, and enjoy shooting that is friendly in manner and competitive in nature.

It all started the year we bought some land and someone said it would be a good place to have a rendezvous.  It is not a large event, which in many ways is good.   We usually have 15 to 25 people attend, this allows you have a chance to spend some one on one time with some interesting folks. 

The organized shooting events are not many, as I learned over the years there is a lot of visiting going on and fellowship; people don’t come just for the shooting.  Don’t get me wrong, there is plenty of shooting.  Shooting the string at 15 yards, steel targets hanging from chains out to 75 yards and clay birds for the scatterguns as well.

Bring your .22 rifles.  I have a herd of 50 buffalo silhouettes that are sized for a .22 rifle.  It is great fun….

Plenty of water and fire wood, and cleanest outhouse in Lucas County.

This is a family event with a few kids attending.  Women are welcome.

Your shy and want to bring a friend along?  Go right ahead!

If you are planning to come, please let me know.

The Fleener Farm is located on the east side of S45 in Lucas County.  Hwy. 14 runs between Chariton and Knoxville, IA, S45 goes straight north off of Hwy. 14, the farm is located about 3-4 miles north of Hwy. 14 on S45.  There will be an American flag marking the field driveway.  The driveway is just south of Frank Crooks place, their mailbox is marked with 138 on it.  From the road you won’t see anything but a CRP field with a driveway.  Come over the hill and you will see the cabin and camp ground.  My cell phone is 515 290-3356.  Reception is not the best down there, so if you call leave a message.

Boshway
snapper
AKA art fleener

Offline T*O*F

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 09:33:19 PM »
The driveway is just south of Frank Crooks place, their mailbox is marked with 138 on it.
Art,
If you can give folks Frank's mailing address, they can Mapquest or Mapblast directions to your place from their homes.
Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

Offline Denny Ducet

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 07:08:40 AM »
Wish we could make it there!  Sounds great.

Offline snapper

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 02:05:28 PM »
Ok, the address for my neighbor that is just North of me is

56744 260th Ave
Chariton, IA 50049

Franks's driveway that is for the above address is just a few hundred feet North of my driveway.

Fleener

Offline heelerau

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2017, 04:00:44 PM »
Art, got the cones back from your mate Rick W,  one platinum lined the other not, he has done a really good job, so thanks for putting me onto him.
 Hope the rondy goes well on the farm and they don't cut the paddocks up to much Like to see some photos !!

Cheers

Gordon

Keep yor  hoss well shod an' yor powdah dry !

Offline Daryl

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2017, 03:01:28 AM »
Hope you have a good time, Fleener.

The big one here, Rendezvous B.C. 2017 held at Hefley Creek, was called off due to fires all over the Province.  We got a bit of rain today locally, but would need a week of rain to wet down the bush.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V