Author Topic: I just wanted to share this horn with you  (Read 2529 times)

Offline Wolfshead

• Starting Member
I just wanted to share this horn with you
« on: July 22, 2017, 10:56:50 PM »
I just wanted to share these pictures of a horn a friend of my father inlaw asked me to make for him recently. He works on a buffalo farm and is able to get all the horns he wants. It is a female horn so it is a little small. It has a pine butt end that is hollowed out to allow another couple hundred grains or so of powder.
I am learning with each one I make and really enjoying the process. I have learned a lot from all the generous and knowledgeable people here on this wonderful site and I thank you all for that.
Still have a long way to go. But, it is the process that we enjoy. Is it not?

Offline Robby

• NYSSR ―
Re: I just wanted to share this horn with you
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 04:49:27 PM »
That is very cool Wolf, it appears to me that it will get even better and better with time and use. Nice job!!!
Robby
molon labe
We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. A. Lincoln

Offline Cades Cove Fiddler

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 05:24:23 PM »
 ;) ;)... Nice looking little horn... !!!.... got the polish & finish just right.... facets look great ....lot of horn builders on this site who can give great advise ...don't be afraid to ask ...constructive criticism can be the best learning curve ..... looks good... wish my first horn had been that good ... !!! ;D ;D

Offline hanshi

• My passion is longrifles!
    • martialartsusa.com
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 06:04:19 PM »
Well, I like it a lot, Wolf.  Your workmanship is first rate and I'll bet you'll eventually be doing museum quality work.  All it will take is more hand-on practice.
!Jozai Senjo! "always present on the battlefield"
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.

CavSoldier3ACR

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 12:52:52 AM »
Very nice job.  I like the look very much.

Ed